💜 Crashing Down 💙

"These chicks annoy me so much, man," Oku announced, squatting by Josuke in the schoolyard. He was standing next to him, still waving at some of the girls who regularly pestered him with their affection.

It was 4 pm, and Oku still had one last class to attend. He just wanted to be at home, napping. He didn't need these chicks' stupid whining and drooling over Josuke. They were pathetic and embarrassing. They were loud. Obnoxious.

"Don't be mean, dude. They're just girls. They just wanna chat." Josuke grinned, "They think I'm cute."

Oku threw some rocks with force, as if he was aiming them at a pond's surface to make them skip. "I wanna kill 'em."

Josuke laughed, "Yo, chill, bro. Girls don't like aggro dudes who don't respect them."

Oku pouted. "I just wanna kill 'em," and he crossed his arms over his knees.

"Whatever, man. I gotta scoot. Mom told me I can't wait up for you today 'cause she has that stupid thing," Josuke announced, patting him on the shoulder. "See ya tomorrow."

"Hmph." Oku watched him leave. He hopped springy steps, slouching forward, looking cool and carefree. He had one hand tucked lazily in his pocket and his other hand holding his briefcase thrown over his broad shoulder, the way hot models hold their jackets when they pose for fashion magazines.

Oku threw his last rock at the school's wall with full force, falling back on his ass with a yell as it bounced back and hit him in the head.

He stood up cursing and kicked at the ground, wishing it was tomorrow morning already and he was picking up Josuke on his way to school. Confusing. School fucking sucked.

***

"Bro, you got in a fight?! Do I gotta kill a man?"

"Huh? Oh," Oku blushed standing on Josuke's porch, touching the bump on his head shyly. It got quite ugly overnight and it hurt like a bitch. "Oh, nah. Hit my head in the, um. Cupboard. Makin' dinner."

"Tsssk, c'mere," Josuke instructed and pulled him aside, hiding with him between the Higashikata house's corner and the big tree right next to it. He looked around before summoning Crazy D and he touched his hand to Oku's forehead, his other hand on his shoulder for balance. It only took him a few seconds to heal him and it was probably no challenge for his stand's abilities, but he bit his lip in his concentration, leaning forward to take a good look at his work. Oku noticed how long his eyelashes were as they fluttered while he inspected the results.

He smiled, "Should be better now. You okay?" His eyes had a kind glint in them, which always made Oku feel safe and liked. He was used to people being impatient, annoyed and angry with him, but he probably wasn't completely disgusting and useless, he assumed, if someone as cool as Josuke thought he was okay. He was so nice to everyone who deserved it. Sometimes even those who didn't.

"Hello?! Anyone home?" Josuke waved a hand before his face.

"Yeah! Thanks. Why you yellin..."

Josuke laughed, punching his shoulder, "Bro, don't do that, I thought I fucked your brain up or something!"

"I don't think you could fuck it up any more, bro," Oku mumbled and touched his head. The bump was gone. Josuke smiled at him and slapped his arm with so much unintended force that it almost made him lose his balance. "Come on, let's go learn some shit we won't ever need in our fucking lives!"

***

They ran into the same girls after school, and Oku had to listen to them whine about their school uniforms, one of them explaining to Josuke how uncomfortable it was how tight it got around her chest lately, all but making him feel her up.