💜Stand Problems💙

Josuke had two problems.

The first problem was Crazy Diamond.

Crazy Diamond was acting a little... off, lately. Fortunately for Josuke, he didn't do anything to put josuke's life in danger, like malfunctioning during a fight or something along those lines, but something just... felt different.

Like, a few days ago, when he and Okuyasu were fighting some thugs, Okuyasu got a real beaten up. When they were done, and Josuke pulled Crazy diamond to fix him up, it took the stand an embarrassingly long time to heal it all. Not because he was hurt real bad, either. He just fussed around Okuyasu, looking for more and more injuries, forcing both Okuyasu and Josuke to sit on the curb and wait for him to listen to Josuke and back off.

Or a week before that, when both Josuke and Okuyasu were fighting off some creepy stand, and Crazy Diamond won't let The Hand out of his range, which meant Josuke and Okuyasu had to huddle together behind both stands as they were being targeted.

And as if this wasn't enough, now, whenever Josuke pulls Crazy Diamond out, he's unbalanced. He keeps putting weight over one of josuke's sides, making it ridiculously hard to stand up right, and it feel like he is pulling him over to... somewhere, but Josuke can't figure out where. He doesn't do it all the time, Josuke noticed, but he is now a little wary of pulling him out in the middle of the street, since he's afraid to look drunk.

The other problem had seemed to be awakened by Crazy D, and it was the weird and sudden realization of his emotions toward Okuyasu. Josuke didn't really know what to make of it, but he could barely ignore the way the actual embodiment of his emotional and psychological parts of him was checking closely his best friend, making said friend extremely flustered and confused in the process, which for some reason made his heart beat even faster than the fight before it did.

It was summer, which meant Josuke wouldn't have seen daylight even once if Okuyasu and his mom didn't force him out of the house to look for entertainment and do some Arrangements.

Most of his time was still spent at his room, though, with or without (preferably with) his best friend around. Like that day, for example. They were both sitting on the floor, eyes glued to the bright screen and their hands twitching as they pressed at their controllers. They were fighting against each other, Josuke pressing the same button over and over again, barely understanding the complicated mechanics of defense and dodging, while Okuyasu went for the honorable style of button smashing, which gave him an unexpected superiority in the game, and eventually, a victory.

The 24th victory in a row, actually.

"Ughhh! Dammit!" cried Josuke, throwing his controller just a bit too harshly. It gave a painful crushing sound as it hit the floor, startling Okuyasu, which was still looking at the screen until then.

"Bro!" he said, clenching his own controller in a firmer grip, as if afraid it would follow josuke's controller's example and run off to his end as well.

"Don't worry, bro, I can fix it," said Josuke off handily as he summoned Crazy Diamond.

"You should still take better care of your stuff man, it's not- uhh, Josuke?" he said, his eyes fixed on Crazy D as he punched the controller back to life and handed it to Josuke, whose head was... on Okuyasu's shoulder?

"I'm sorry, bro, Crazy D is acting weird lately," said Josuke, trying to pull his head away. He holds it up, sways for a moment, before being pushed back down by Crazy D, this time into Okuyasu's lap. "For fucks..." he murmurs, but stays put as Crazy D looms over him threateningly, his arms crossed.

"I- uh..." Okuyasu drifts off, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, "Should I do something?" he asks, looking up at Crazy Diamond in confusion.