💜 Dinner Date? 💙

Smack!

Thunk!

Thwack!

"Aaargh!"

Okuyasu wiped the blood from his face and crouched low over the delinquent who had managed to land a sweeping kick to the side of his head. The boy moved to stand up again before Okuyasu landed a clean punch across his face. The teen splayed across the pavement, knocked out indefinitely. The boy was wearing a uniform different from Okuyasu's; the same uniform as all the other boys stretched out across the empty parking lot they had fought in.

"That the last of em?" a voice called to Okuyasu from across the lot.

"Yeah," Okuyasu replied. "Unless they got some more around 'bout to crawl out from under a rock somewhere..."

"Nah, I think we're fine."

"Pfft. Easy for you to say."

"Oh jeez, sorry dude let me get you fixed up there."

Crazy Diamond emerged next to Okuyasu and began reviewing his injuries. Josuke had shown up late to the fight and received minor damage compared to his battered best friend.

"Thanks for showing up when you did, Josuke. Could I have taken em' all on myself? Naturally," Okuyasu asserted, "But did they have to bring the whole fuckin' school out to brawl?? That's just overkill."

"Why do people wanna fight us all the time?" Josuke whined. "Why can't we just go one week without some gang comin' from who-knows-where to pick a fight with us?"

"'Cause we're the strongest duo in Morioh, that's why," Okuyasu replied. "All these dumbasses think they can top us but they can't. And we don't even need our stands to beat em'," Okuyasu grinned.

"That's right we don't," Josuke grinned back. "But they cornered you, man. You gotta be more careful walkin' around alone, alright?"

"It's not my fault they just popped up outta nowhere," Okuyasu mumbled.

"You're tellin' me you didn't see an entire army of jackasses about to round up on you, Okuyasu?" he pressed a finger into one of the bruises on Okuyasu's arm. Okuyasu squawked and batted his hand away.

"Mmkay fine you got a point," Crazy Diamond gingerly grasped his arm and began soothing away the bruise.

"But yeah, you and me are a team, dude. If you're fightin' then I want in," Josuke held out a hand and Okuyasu grasped it firmly.

"I can always count on you, dude. Besides, it's more fun fightin' with you," Okuyasu smiled widely and Josuke looked away with a light blush on his face.

"Yeah yeah heal faster so we can go home," Josuke started walking for the parking lot entrance.

"Uhhhhh..." Okuyasu hesitated.

"What's wrong dude?" Josuke asked but didn't turn around.

"Uhh Josuke, why're you nuzzlin' me with Crazy D?"

"What? ...Me? It's not me, dude..."

It was totally him.

"C'mon Josuke, quit it! It's like bein' hugged by an anvil."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Josuke said idly, flicking some dirt from beneath his nails.

"Now he's kissin' me! Aaah!"

"Wow that's weird why would he do that."

"My neck's sensitive, dude!"

"And that's my fault, too?"