💮🌷❤️Valentines Special❤️🌷💮

For all you singles out there like me reading this and wishing this could happen 😔

Never before had February left such a frown on Josuke's face. It wasn't as if he had anything against the month, usually he quite enjoyed it. But when its second week rolled around and Okuyasu's smiling face had given way to a perpetual and slowly growing frown he too felt his own smile slipping. If he had to guess why his closest friend was suddenly so down he would have said it was the upcoming holiday.

Last year Okuyasu had been the same way, a series of lonely frowns that Josuke hadn't really noticed until Okuyasu had opened his locker, not a single chocolate or confession inside. It had been ridiculous, and Josuke had made a point to say as much as they sat in his bedroom and ate the enormous amount of chocolate that had spewed forth from his own locker, Okuyasu claiming the whole time that sweets were too girly for him– not that it stopped him from stuffing his face. Even now Josuke couldn't understand why no one else could see what a great guy Okuyasu was. This year would be different, Josuke was determined to make sure of that.

For the last week he had schemed and shopped and finally he had cooked. The first two parts had been easy, but the making of tiny confections had eluded him until his mother had caught him and insisted on helping. When he had asked that she only supervise she had laughed and teased him, asking who the special girl was that had him so worked up; her giggles had cut off when he confessed. He had been worried when the silence fell, and he had been terrified when she suddenly grabbed his arms, a look so serious he nearly withered under the stare. But then she flashed him a grin and wished him luck before turning into a kitchen tyrant, rejecting each of his attempts until he had created the perfect chocolates.

When Valentine's Day finally did roll around he was nervous, more nervous than he had ever been, battles with enemy Stands were more relaxing than this. What if Okuyasu didn't like the chocolate he made? What if he did like them but there wasn't enough? What if this embarrassed him? What if he didn't return Josuke's feelings? What if this ruined their friendship?

Josuke tried to push the nagging thoughts away with little success as he made his way towards the rows of lockers. He had intentionally skipped the first few minutes of class to give him enough time to stuff the chocolates into Okuyasu's locker. Once they were in place he hurried to class, giving his teacher an excuse he couldn't even remember as he slid into his seat with a tiny wave at Okuyasu, more relieved than glad to see he was already at his desk so Josuke's plans didn't come to immediate ruin.

The day crept by at a snail's pace, the classes merging together into a noisy blob of easily forgotten information until the lunch bell rang. As the last piercing note faded from the air the girls descended like vultures before he had a chance to join Okuyasu and Koichi.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Josuke!"

"I made these myself."

"Please accept these, Josuke."

The declarations were endless, and Josuke was acutely aware of Okuyasu's glower even as he hunched over his lunch and tried to hide the dour expression etched onto his face. He knew he had to put an end to this even if it would hurt some– or a lot –of girls' feelings.

"I'm sorry," Josuke said with abundant sincerity as he stopped the bag of heart-shaped chocolates from leaving the nearest girl's hand. "I'm really sorry but I can't accept these." He was too nice a guy to not feel guilty at the heartbroken expression on her and the other girls' faces.

"Wh-what?" She sounded as devastated as she looked, her hand recoiling with the bag as if she'd been burned. "Why? Did I do something wrong, Josuke?"

"No, no it's nothing like that!" He rectified, or tried. It didn't look like his apology was getting through. "I'm not accepting any chocolates today."