💜 Love is a Loser 💙

Why do I think that if Polenareff was a drag queen, his name would be Miss.PolPol 👀 (lol ik that's so random)
.
.
.
Warm, gentle pressure wraps around Okuyasu's shoulders, and he jerks in his seat, sitting up ramrod straight. This is better posture than he can usually be bothered with in class; he should cut it out before someone notices his wide-eyes or stiff spine, but at the same time -

He's having trouble shaking off the feeling of arms wrapped secure around him. Embracing him. Especially seeing as there are no visible arms. There isn't even anyone near him right now, at least no one close enough to hug him. The closest person would be Josuke, who's sitting at the desk in front of Okuyasu, facing forward. Clearly not the culprit.

But it's gotta be someone, right? Someone invisible, and - Okuyasu takes a second to pat down his own shoulders - intangible.

These criteria rule out pretty much everyone who's not a ghost. Which is one hell of a terrifying thought, and has Okuyasu glancing over his shoulder, not sure if he'd rather find nothing or something behind himself because each would be its own brand of terror that would make him flee the classroom -

...Oh.

The explanation is behind Okuyasu after all. It's not as scary as he'd feared, but it is confusing as all hell. Perplexing, definitely, though at the same time Okuyasu feels dumb for not recognizing the touch.

The Hand is out, without being consciously summoned.

What's even weirder is the fact that Crazy Diamond has Okuyasu's stand squeezed into a tight hug around the shoulders. Blue and pink and silver arms cradle The Hand close, a serious expression on Crazy Diamond's face. The Hand looks the same as ever, with its usual wide frown.

Um.

Does...this mean that Josuke is the culprit after all...?

Spinning to scrutinize the back of Josuke's head doesn't reveal many clues other than reddened ears, so Okuyasu scoots forward in his seat. Reaching out with one finger, he pokes hard at Josuke's back.

Josuke waves him away without so much as a glance. What's Okuyasu to do except poke him again, a little harder this time? ...And then again when that one is also batted aside, and then one last time with a quiet hiss of, "Josuke."

"What?" Josuke grumbles, finally turning around to reveal cheeks that are starting to match his ears in color.

Instead of explaining (because he feels like he's already causing enough of a racket during what's supposed to be quiet classwork time) Okuyasu sticks out a thumb and jerks it backward a couple times, pointing behind himself.

For half a second, Josuke looks all confused. He gets that cute little wrinkle between his brows, and his lips go pouty - but then his eyes widen, and his mouth slackens, and he spins back around in his seat so fast that Okuyasu is surprised he doesn't slip right off of it.

Weird.

"Hey," Okuyasu whispers, scooching closer and leaning further over his desk, "hey, Josuke?"

No response. Well, maybe a tiny shake of the head, unless that's just a nervous twitch or something. It doesn't tell Okuyasu anything.

"Josuke." Silence and stillness are all that Okuyasu gets. Rather than poke him again, Okuyasu pats at his shoulder with the tips of his fingers a few times. "What d'you think they're doing?" Not that Okuyasu can say he really minds whatever it is, seeing as that hug's pretty comfy and warm, even secondhand as it is.

"I dunno man," Josuke mutters, "just stand stuff. Ignore them."

Easy for him to say - he's not the one being cuddled! "But Josuke -"