💜Trauma Part 1💙

🚫Hey y'all so before you read this I wanted to let y'all know that this whole mini series will contain some graphic and disturbing content and so I wanted to let you all know in advance. This whole mini series will depictions of self harm, thoughts on suicide, disturbing thoughts, etc. With that being said, If you don't feel comfortable reading this then please don't.🚫

Once again, this along with the other parts will contain things that some people find disturbing so if your not comfortable reading this then please don't.

Okuyasu was starting to worry about Josuke.

Okay, well, 'starting' is sort of downplaying it. He was really worried about Josuke. It had been about a month since everything with Kira went down, but now it seemed like his best friend was fighting a different battle.

He remembered seeing Josuke in the hospital. He'd visited every single day, checking in on him and trying to cheer him up, but it was clear even then that something was wrong. Josuke had barely talked during his stay. He just. Slept and stared out his window and asked for more pain medicine. Okuyasu still shuddered to think about it, he'd seemed so....vacant.

Okuyasu had hoped that Josuke would feel better once he got out of that stuffy hospital. He was definitely different than he had been, but Okuyasu wouldn't exactly call it 'better'. As far as he could tell, Josuke didn't talk to anyone at school anymore. He disappeared during lunch and always seemed miles away during class. The crowds of girls that usually followed him got sick of cooing over him and asking about his injuries, since every time they tried he just told them that he was tired and wanted to be alone.

The hardest part about it for Okuyasu was the distance that was growing between them. They never had sleepovers anymore, and any time he tried to bring up hanging out after school, Josuke would mumble something about being tired and just wanting to nap that afternoon. He still showed up at Josuke's door every morning, accompanying him on the walk to school, but they never got further than stiff small talk anymore.

It didn't matter, though. Okuyasu had already decided. He wasn't giving up on Josuke, not now, not ever.

He'd been in love with Josuke for a long time. Every day, it felt like loved his best friend more. And if the boy he loved was going through something, Okuyasu wouldn't dream of abandoning him.

When Josuke answered the door with a black eye, Okuyasu's worry meter shot through the roof. He'd been more or less pretending that nothing was different until this point, not wanting to push his best friend any further away, but this was too much.

"Josuke, what happened?"

Josuke looked down, heading down the sidewalk. "I got into a scrap last night, no big deal."

"What?! Are you okay? Was it with an enemy Stand user?"

He sighed, sounding a bit irritated. "No, Okuyasu, there was no Stand user, alright? I was just out with some people and things got heated."

People? What people? "I'm startin' to worry about you, bro. Ever since......you've just been acting kinda weird lately."

Josuke stopped walking. "God, you sound like my fuckin' mom, you know that? I'm FINE, okay?! Ever since I went to the hospital everyone is on my fucking case about everything. I'm Just. Fucking. Tired. Alright?" He turned back the way they'd came. "Walk by yourself, man. I'm not coming to class today, anyway. Don't know why I was coming with you in the first place."

Okuyasu stopped knocking on Josuke's door in the mornings after that.

A few days later, a couple of girls approached him as he was leaving school for the day.