💜 Pining 💙

Everyone knew about it. It was the most obvious thing in the world. Of course Koichi noticed it first.

As per usual, Koichi, Josuke and Okuyasu all met up on their way to school. However there was something...different about them, Koichi noticed.. They were definitely more touchy and in touch with their softer sides when around each other these days. Not that Koichi minded. It was just weird to see his two hot headed friends acting that way with each other when they were either yelling loudly or wrestling with each other.

"Josuke look, I made two bento boxes last night! We can share it during lunch." Okuyasu said, grinning from ear to ear. "Hmm... I think it's curry rice with potatoes and white rice with teriyaki. I made two cuz' I wasn't sure which one you'd like.."

A blush formed on Josuke's face. He quietly rummaged through his bag, eventually taking out a squashed onigiri.

"Uh, my mom helped me make it last night. I know I squashed it, but-"

Josuke was taken aback when Okuyasu grabbed it, holding it like it was a check for a million yen.

"THANK YOU! I APPRECIATE IT!"

Josuke blushed, letting out a bashful chuckle. Koichi raised an eyebrow at the two. Yeah, definitely weird.

During lunch, when they sat in the basement of the school, Okuyasu pulled out the two bento boxes, revealing it to be two of the worst bento boxes Koichi has ever seen. It looked like the boy literally threw the food in each box and called it a day. And don't even get him started on how everything either looked overcooked or undercooked. How do you make rice look so bad...

Josuke apparently didn't think the same , since he pulled out his chopsticks and eagerly took a piece of the burnt teriyaki chicken. He popped it in his mouth, even smiling while he ate it. Okuyasu looked at Josuke with pure adoration in his eyes.

Something clicked in Koichi's mind and he nearly laughed but firmly kept his lips shut, realizing what was happening.

'They got it bad.' he thought as he watched his two friends

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rohan was pissed off. The brat who burned down his humble abode had the audacity to sit in his kitchen, eating his food on his table with his tag along friend(?). Rohan never understood how Koichi could become friends with such incompetent people. He narrowed his eyes at Koichi, who raised his arms in self defense and smiled apologetically.

Meanwhile Okuyasu was feeding Josuke some leftover fried rice Rohan had in his fridge. Josuke closed his eyes and parted his mouth while the other spoon fed him a small portion of rice before having a spoonful for himself. The green haired man grimaced at how... intimate the scene looked. Couldn't they get a room?

He turned away, favoring the sight of his unfinished manga spread over the two delinquents in the same room as him. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't seem to concentrate. Turning back around, he observed the pair, trying to decipher the out of character behavior they were exhibiting. It seems this time they found a magazine to share while eating -- Rohan prayed it wasn't what he thought it was --sitting crisscrossed close to each other, talking lowley and stealing glances when the other wasn't looking. Occasionally, one would brush fingers with the other and bump thighs into each other, causing their faces to go red and look away. This behavior looked oddly familiar...like something he might have experienced before.

"Wait a minute, are they --" Rohan started but was stopped as Koichi clamped a hand over his mouth and shook his head furiously

The mangaka smirked deviously, knowing he could cause an uproar if he mentioned something about their unusual relationship.