💜 Runaway 💙

Okuyasu's heart was pounding as he knocked on the window. He knew that he shouldn't be doing this, it could ruin everything. But he couldn't resist. He had to see Josuke tonight.

Josuke opened his bedroom window, helping Okuyasu inside.

"Oku, what are you doing? It's freezing out there!" Josuke said, trying to yell while whispering.

It was, but it wasn't much warmer inside of Okuyasu's house. Jouske's home, on the other hand, was always a cozy temperature, regardless of the weather.

"I needed to say something to you. It couldn't wait."

Josuke looked worried for a moment. "What is it? There's not a Stand User after you, is there?"

"No dude, everything is fine. I just needed to tell you, uh...." He swallowed, trying to summon his bravery. He'd rehearsed this at least a thousand times, but now that it mattered, the words were stuck.

Josuke looked at him patiently, he was always patient with Okuyasu when his brain stopped working for a minute.

"Well, you know that you're my best friend, yeah?"

Josuke smirked. "That couldn't wait, huh? Of course I know that, bro."

"A-and you know that I'm always gonna care about ya, know matter what."

He nodded. His hair fell into his face, making him smile when it tickled his cheeks. He looked so good with his hair down, Okuyasu secretly preferred it this way.

Okuyasu hesitated. Maybe it was better this way. Maybe he should just go and leave well enough alone.

"Is that it?" Josuke asked, yawning a little. It was late, Josuke had school in the morning, he should really go-

"I love you." Okuyasu blurted out.

Josuke's eyes widened. A rosy tint found it's way to his cheeks.

"I- I love you too, dude," he laughed nervously. "I mean, you're my best friend too, you know."

Okuyasu sighed in frustration. "No, I mean I really-"

"Shhh! I think my mom is up!" Josuke glanced toward his door, squinting a little as he listened for Tomoko's footsteps.

"That's okay, I've got a train to catch anyway. Bye, Josuke!"

Josuke followed him to the window. "What? What train? What are you-"

Okuyasu cut him off by impulsively cupping his jaw. This wasn't part of the plan, but it was now or never, and 'now' didn't seem like a bad option.

The kiss was short, and clumsy, and Josuke made this muffled yelp against his lips that was every bit as cute as it was awkward. It was everything Okuyasu had been hoping for and then some.

Okuyasu crawled back through the window as soon as he pulled away, pausing to grab his backpack from Josuke's bushes before heading for his motorcycle.

Josuke stood by his window, dazed for a moment.

"Josuke, close your window, you're gonna let in all the cold air!" Tomoko yelled as she entered his bedroom. "And what are you doing up so late, huh? You weren't about to sneak out, were you?" She teased, laughing.

Josuke felt a dawning horror come over him then, as the pieces clicked too slowly into place. Train. Backpack. Goodbye. It can't wait. Love you. Goodbye. Train. His stomach flipped as he heard Okuyasu's bike speed off down his street. He wanted to freeze in fear, but he forced his body to spring into action.

"Ma, I need you to take me to the train station. Right now."

"What? Do you have any idea what time it is? I am not going out in the middle of the night in the freezing cold for-"