💜 Trauma Part 4 💙

"You okay, Josuke?"

Josuke looked up from his still full tray. Koichi was staring at him, looking a little concerned. Guilt.

He tried to force a smile. "Fine! I'm fine, dude. Thanks for asking."

"Okay? Well, you've just kinda been staring at your lunch for like, fifteen minutes, so."

"Oh, yeah? Sorry. I didn't get a ton of sleep last night, so I'm just really tired." He chose not to mention that he hadn't slept a full night in what felt like forever. His nightmares about Kira showed no signs of stopping.

At least not until he finally killed the bastard. Maybe then it would all go away, like Kira always said.

"Josuke-" Yukako reached out and grabbed one of his hands, wearing a look of deep worry. She hesitated, seemed to think better of it, and pulled away, softening her features. "H-have you still been seeing that therapist?"

Josuke internally groaned. "Yeah, my mom won't let me stop going. It's stupid, if you ask me. Not like I can tell her the truth anyway. Half the time I just make shit up."

Yukako faltered, but refused to be swayed. "Hey! Why don't you ask Jotaro to schedule you a meeting with someone from The Speedwagon Foundation over the phone? I'm sure they have specialists for this sort of thing, you could tell them the truth and they wouldn't think you were crazy!"

Josuke scoffed, looking back down. "Jotaro punched an ancient vampire in half without breaking a sweat, he's not gonna wanna help me with....this. You've heard the stories, a Joestar is supposed to look death in the eye, and deliver a cheesy one liner, and then just casually pass the ball to the next generation. No way I'm fucking that up for them, too. They can just move on and forget I exist, I don't care." Yukako frowned and sighed, seeming a bit deflated. Guilt.

"Well, you know, we're always here, if you need anything." Koichi cut in, trying to stay positive.

"I'm really fine, guys. I know I was fucked up for a while, but I'm better now."

Koichi smiled, seemingly willing to drop the subject.

"Bullshit."

The boys both looked at Yukako, shocked by her now forceful tone.

"Yuka-" Josuke started, trying to reassure her.

"No, I'm sick of you lying to us like this. You think we're stupid or something, Josuke? You come to school looking like a zombie, you're wasting away, you never want to hang out with us anymore, but you still wanna look us in the eyes and tell us you're better?! You need to talk to someone, Josuke. Whatever's going on, it's killing you. You know what they say, if you try to bottle everything up, you're gonna ex-"

She cleared her throat, looking a little pale. "I-its not good for you, is my point." The three teens sat in a stunned silence for a minute, even Yukako seemed surprised by her sudden outburst, fidgeting with her hair in embarrassment.

"I.....I talk to Okuyasu," Josuke finally managed.

"You're actually talking through your issues with him?" Yukako pressed.

"Well, not like, at length....or uh, in detail...."

Yukako sighed again, shaking her head a little. "Well, I guess I can't make you work through this. Like Koichi said, we're both here for you. Just, talk to someone, yeah? Doesn't matter who, just do it."

....

A few nights later, Josuke woke up screaming at 3am again, and had a shocking realization. Maybe Yukako had a point.