💜Crazy Diamond Comes out to Play💙

🌸It's about time I finally write about Stands🌸

💖Also I love writing them as Sentient cause it brings more life to the story💖

Okuyasu fell into the familiar uncomfortable chair. He smiled at the woman tending to a weird machine, and she smiled back. He recognized her, but not enough to be certain of her name. Something floral, maybe.

"Long shift?" He asked, trying to fill the silence.

She chuckled, nodding. "And it keeps getting longer." She fiddled with something, momentarily interrupting the annoyingly regular beeping machines. "You missed him this morning. Wish you could've been here- not that I'd recommend skipping school to sit around here all day."

Okuyasu perked up immediately. "I did? Was he- did he say anything?"

"Not really. We didn't exactly have a lot of time for conversation, the doctors were on him pretty quick. Only thing I got to say to him was 'please rate your pain on a scale from one to ten'."

Okuyasu swallowed around his concern. "A-and uh, are you like, allowed to tell me what he said?"

"He's gonna be fine, kid. I know that last few days have been hard for you, but he's gonna be up and talking any day now. Just relax."

He nodded to himself as the nurse left the room. She was right, everything was fine. He was just under a lot of stress. He couldn't sleep at night, and his back was sore from sitting in this fuckin chair every evening. He leaned forward and cleared his throat.

"Hey dude, guess what? A bunch of chicks have been like, kissin' sheets of paper and taping 'em to your locker. It's kinda weird, but it's also awesome. You're gonna be drowning in it when you come back to school, dude. Fucking. Drowning."

Josuke was almost constantly sleeping, and yet he never really looked rested. He looked like he wanted to get up and leave, to turn to his best bro and say that he was bored. This was weirdly comforting to Okuyasu.

Corpses usually looked at peace, relaxed. Like they were sleeping.

"Oh! Uh, so you know how I've been trying to teach my dad how to talk again? So, Stray Cat hissed at him this morning, and I swear he said 'bad'. Clear as day!"

One of the beeping machines changed pace slightly.

"I mean, I guess it could've just been my imagination, but," He trailed off. "This is stupid, huh? I bet if you knew what I was doin', you'd make fun of me. But I dunno, maybe it helps."

Okuyasu wasn't really sure who it was helping.

Okuyasu leaned forward, placing his face in his hands. Fuck, he was tired.

"Dora?"

Okuyasu jumped, the sudden voice shaking him. Crazy Diamond stood between him and Josuke's bed, staring down at him.

"C-crazy D? What are you doin here?"

The Stand turned and looked at its user. It placed a hand on Josuke's chest, and Okuyasu could hear the telltale sound of Crazy Diamond's ability for a moment before it shorted out. There were a few more botched attempts before the Stand gave up, clenching its fists and letting out a sound of frustration.

Okuyasu sighed, though it made him feel relieved to know that Josuke's soul was restless here. "Me too, buddy. Me too."

Crazy Diamond ran its fingers through Josuke's greasy, unkempt hair. "Dora."

"It just ain't fair, is it?"

It turned then, approaching Okuyasu.

"I just miss him, you know? And I'm scared. Like, real scared."

Crazy Diamond reached out its hand, placing it on Okuyasu's forehead. Again, the sound of its ability filled the room.

"W-what are ya doing, D? I'm fine, there's nothin' wrong with me."

The Stand pushed the loose hair out of Okuyasu's face, staring into his eyes. Okuyasu felt his heart rate pick up. It reached out with its other hand and, with surprising softness, traced the dark circles beneath Okuyasu's eyes.

"Oh. I just can't sleep lately. That's all. I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

The hand moved to his stomach, its expression curious.

"Y-you caught me, I haven't really been eating much either, but it's fine-"

Crazy Diamond's face turned stern. "Dora."

Okuyasu laughed. "I'm fine! Jeez, this is just like you, ya know that? All laid up in bed but still worryin' over other people." He turned his head away, trying to hide his blushing cheeks.

The Stand placed a hand on Okuyasu's cheek, gently turning his head back to face it. There was a softness in its eyes that make Okuyasu's heart melt. He wished he could hear its thoughts, like he could with The Hand, but he had a pretty good guess that it was thinking 'We want you to take care of yourself'.

Okuyasu struggled to find his voice. "I've just been so worried about you," he whispered, tears welling up in his eyes.

Crazy Diamond gave him a sad smile.

A few tears rolled down his cheeks. "I miss you like crazy, man."

The Stand brushed his tears away, eyes full of concern.

"I t-thought I was gonna lose you, ya know?"

Crazy Diamond guided him forward, cupping his jaw. Their lips barely brushed each other's before the Stand pulled away, looking at him nervously.

Okuyasu's heart swelled. Was that kiss from Crazy D or Josuke? They were the same, right? Did it matter?

"D-Dora?" The Stand prompted softly.

"O-oh! Did...did you wanna do that again? Y-yeah, it's okay! We can kiss again if you want to!"

Their lips met again, and Okuyasu couldn't help noticing that one of the beeping machines picked up its pace a little.

.......

Josuke opened his eyes, wincing against the harsh fluorescent lights. His whole body ached, the inside of his mouth tasted like death....and his lips felt kinda funny...

He groggily took in his surroundings, observing the bland hospital room.

"Uhh...?"

Okuyasu was sitting in a chair near Josuke's hospital bed...with Crazy Diamond? And the two of them were showering each other with kisses? It was adorable, no doubt, but it was certainly surprising.

"Huh....so that wasn't a dream...."

The moment Josuke spoke, his Stand and his best bro parted and rushed over to him, brimming with excitement that Josuke was finally awake.

That afternoon, the two of them made sure that Josuke got his fair share of kisses too.

Don't worry, this won't be the last I write about stands I'll write more. 😊