💜 Trauma Part 3 💙

Josuke squinted into the light, trying to shield his eyes. It was so bright in here, it was almost blinding.

Wait, where was he?

It seemed like he was nowhere. The empty white expanse stretched into infinity. He walked forward, trying to find his bearings. It didn't take long for the panic to set in. He started running. What was this place? How did he get here? The last thing he remembered, he was on the phone with Oku, dead tired, and- oh, okay.

"This is a dream, isn't it?" He said to no one in particular. He'd expected his voice to echo through the vast nothingness, but his words fell the moment they left his mouth, eerily quiet.

"Oh, it's you again."

Josuke turned on his heel, shocked by the calm voice behind him. His mouth went dry the instant he saw those dead grey eyes.

"....you.......this is just a dream...."

Kira chuckled smoothly, Josuke felt like he might vomit. "Of course, a dream. That's what I thought at first, as well. Surely, none of this is real, right Josuke? This empty, awful place, why time doesn't even seem to exist here! It couldn't be, any moment now you'll wake up back in Morioh."

Kira smiled, stepping closer. Josuke reflexively stepped back. "How long have I been here, Josuke? Days? Years?"

Josuke tried to swallow his anxiety. "F-few months."

"Months? My goodness, how time flies, eh? As I said, it becomes impossible to tell how much time has passed here. For a while I felt sure this was a nightmare, but lately I've been thinking that this might be hell, actually. Empty, maddeningly empty. A fitting hell, I suppose, for someone like me."

He tried to walk a slow circle around Josuke, but he refused to let his guard down. Josuke was becoming less sure which direction he'd come from, now.

"So which do you think it is, Josuke? Are you in hell? Or am I simply your....boogeyman?" He laughed darkly, leaning close.

"Do I go bump in the night, Josuke? Do I terrify you, even now?"

He tried to steady his gaze, keep his voice even. He stared directly into those horrible eyes. "You're nothing to me."

Kira laughed again, thoroughly amused. "There's no need to lie! I've no one to tell," he said with a lazy smile. "Well, that's not entirely true, no one who will listen, at least."

Kira looked into the distance, vaguely annoyed.

"Josuke!"

Kira sighed. "Here they are again, right on time. I assume."

Josuke would know the voice calling him anywhere, but he still felt his heart flip with surprise and joy when he turned.

"Okuyasu!" He called, running towards him. Oku was still looking frantically around him, like he still couldn't see Josuke.

"Josuke!"

"Oku! Oi, I'm right here!"

He stopped in his tracks when Okuyasu turned his body. That massive hole in his side was still there, dripping blood onto the white floor. Josuke tried to summon his Stand, to fix the wound, but nothing appeared.

Josuke closed the space between them, trying not to look at the blood leaking down his boyfriend's side. Just a dream, right? Right? He cupped his face, seeking comfort in the familiar embrace.

Okuyasu's eyes looked straight through him, into the middle distance.

"Josuke!?" He called again, panic growing.