💜Miscommunication💙

"Did you do the homework from last night?"

"Wait, what homework?"

They sat side by side at a two-person table, one for labs and scientific procedures but mostly for sleeping, if you were Josuke.

Koichi stared at Josuke in helplessness and a little bit of a shrug as Josuke said, "Fuck, fuck, fuck," under his breath and scrambled for his backpack. "Well, don't just sit there, get it out so I can copy off ya as fast as I can!" Josuke said, smacking his notebook onto the desk.

"Aw, Josuke," Koichi whined, his head leaned back, but he sluggishly obeyed, handing over his sheet of answers with a frown.

"I owe you one," Josuke mumbled, jotting down as much as he could in a shitty, fuck-I-forgot-we-had-homework scribble.

"You owe me, like, fifty," Koichi corrected, and Josuke grinned.

"Yeah, yeah," Josuke muttered. "One of these days, I'mma do my homework and I'll let you copy off me. Deal?"

"How do you make better grades than me," Koichi grumbled in friendly-- loosely , since Josuke wasn't so sure it was all that fond--annoyance.

Josuke worked so hard on copying the answers before the teacher showed up that when Okuyasu bounded into the classroom, a hand clapped onto Josuke's back, Josuke could only grunt, "Hey," without paying much attention. Okuyasu must've gotten the hint because he left him alone to copy down the answers, which Josuke appreciated, and sat down at the table just behind his and Koichi's.

He breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled. "Done," he announced, smacking the sheet onto the table and sliding it back to Koichi. "Hah! The teacher's not even here yet. That's great!"

"Wait. Is that last night's homework?" Okuyasu asked. "Shit. I totally forgot. Koichi, can I...?"

"Here, bro," Josuke said, a proud smile on his face. "I got you."

Okuyasu laughed heartily, sleazy eyes squinting devilishly as he smirked. "Eh, thanks, Josuke," he said, starting to copy down his work, scratching his temple at the especially messy parts.

Koichi put his hands on his face and said something like, "Good grief," at which Josuke laughed and punched his arm, which only added insult to injury. Or injury to insult, in this case.

As Koichi consoled the purpling bruise on his arm, Josuke turned to face the front and wait on the teacher to come in. Okuyasu was the one he'd normally fuck around with until class started, but there was an unspoken rule between students that when someone's cheating, you don't distract them. So Josuke tried to entertain himself, puckering his lips as he tapped the end of his pen on the table. He was vaguely aware of students passing him, finding their seats and laughing with their friends, but he was only brought to attention when he heard a girl's voice just behind him.

"Hey, beautiful, do you mind moving your backpack for me?" she said.

"Sure," Josuke answered, turning to move his backpack out of her way, but then he glanced up at the source of her voice standing at the table behind him--Okuyasu's table.

"Oh," she laughed. "Sorry, I was talking to him," the girl said, gesturing at Okuyasu, who scratched his nose with his pencil and looked up with confusion crumpled on his face.

"Huh?" Okuyasu said. "W-wait. You called me...?"

Josuke stared with wide eyes, blinked, and then turned away in embarrassment. God, so awkward! Behind him, Okuyasu stammered around something like, "S-sure, yeah," then the sound of his backpack dragging on the floor. Then the girl asked if she could sit beside him, Josuke thought there was going to be steam visibly shooting out of his ears. He collapsed his head into his arms on the table to hide his red face, but it was only then that the teacher walked in and scolded him right in front of everybody for sleeping before class even started. Sure, Josuke had a bad habit of turning chemistry class into naptime, but jeez.