💜 Refuge 💙

The world hates Josuke. That's the only reason why his day is as shitty as it is. It's bad enough that it started raining when Josuke was out, but it just so happens that Josuke locked himself out of the house. Normally, that would be fine, but it's summer and his mom is working. He can't just call her, she's not even in Morioh. It would take her forever to drive home just for her to unlock the house, and Josuke isn't even sure that she would come. So there Josuke was, wet and miserable.

Shivering in his clothes, Josuke wonders what he's going to do. He can't just sit outside and wait for his door to magically unlock, that's not how the world works. He desperately looks around, and spies Nijimura household. 'Maybe Okuyasu could help me,' Josuke thinks hazily, as he teeters toward the mansion.

He approaches Okuyasus door, and knocks. He flicks his hair out of his eyes as he waits. His pomp started to fall apart when the rain started to come. It's a shame to, Josuke spent a lot of time working on his pompadour that day. If Josuke knew he was going to meet with Okuyasu, he would've tried to keep it intact. Josuke always wanted to look his best for Okuyasu. He's his bro, of course he wants to look his best. It's not because of Josuke's small itty bitty crush on him. Nope. Not at all.

Josuke frowns and knocks on the door again. Usually Okuyasu answers the door by now. Maybe he's busy? Josuke checks the window. It doesn't look like he's on the bottom floor. Guess he's on the top floor.

"Hey!!" Josuke yells. He hopefully looks up, but he doesn't see the familiar face of his friend.
Figures. Josuke looks around and spies a pile of pebbles. An idea slowly forms in his mind. He scoops up the rocks, and summons his stand. Crazy Diamond steps out of Josuke, and stares blankly at its user. Josuke hands over the stones, and Crazy Diamond ascends as high up as it can. Josuke peers through his stand eyes, trying to find Okuyasu. He spies him sitting near a window and his stand starts throwing the pebbles. At first, the pebbles just don't go anywhere. Crazy Diamond couldn't get a good grip on an individual rock. So, Josuke decided to improvise. Instead of throwing individual pebbles, Crazy Diamond just threw all of them to the window. Thankfully most of them smack against the glass, and Josuke has to stifle a laugh as Okuyasu falls off his chair.

Okuyasu gets up and looks out of the window, locking eyes with Crazy Diamond. The stand points to Josuke and Okuyasu nods, a small smile forming on the teens face. Okuyasu turns around and walks away from the window. Crazy Diamond floats back to Josuke and settles into him.

Josuke shivers, as he scoots to the door. He hopes Okuyasu's fast.

The doorknob turns and the door swings open, revealing a beaming Okuyasu. "Hey Josuke- wait what's wrong?" Okuyasu's face fell almost as fast as the rain.

"I-I-I got lo-locked out of my house," Josuke stutters through clattering teeth. Josuke looks down, hoping that his long hair covers the blush that's surely forming.

"And you got soaked?" Okuyasu asks. Josuke nods. "Then what are you waiting for bro? Come in, I'll get you some blankets." Okuyasu ushers Josuke in.

Josuke steps in the house and immediately feels warmer. Okuyasu always complains that the air conditioning is as broken as his house, but Josuke always was fine when he hung out in the house. Josuke finally realizes how warm the house could get, and Josuke thanks god for it. "Ey, before I go upstairs, you want me to grab you a change of clothes? Those look soaked." Okuyasu points to the stairs with his thumb as he slips his other hand into his pocket.

Jouske mumbles "Yeah," as he walks over to the sofa. Josuke plops himself onto the couch as Okuyasu leaves the room. Josuke curls up and he waits. What else can Josuke do?

A few minutes later, a blanket flutters onto the teen. Josuke shoves the cloth away from his eyes, and is greeted with Okuyasu's face.

"Got you a blanket," Okuyasu says.