💜 The Hunky Paramedic 💙

Just a random story I thought of at like 1 in the morning.

Okuyasu pushes through the house, each room rapidly filling with smoke as his fellow firefighters rush to extinguish the worst of the flames. He's thankful it appears to be a one story residence, because he's nearly finished with his check, peeking through one last door to make sure that no one inside.

He breathes a sigh of relief into his mask when the room proves to be a broom closet, empty of people. The house is probably going to be a total loss, but at least no one was home to get caught in the flames. Some of his teammates are in the living room now, working on ventilating the space, he turns to them and gives them the all clear sign.

Making his way down the hallway, he nearly makes it to the living room before he hears a loud crunch as his world tips sideways.

Between the fire and the water now laying on the floor, it's decided to give way. Okuyasu's thick boot contorts in the broken space, ankle twisting painfully. The shout he gives is muffled by his mask, but it's loud enough to be heard.

"Get him out of there!" he hears someone shout, he thinks it's Koichi, their safety officer. He's in too much dizzying pain to really tell. It's a matter of seconds before Jotaro comes over, using his size to his advantage he grabs Okuyasu beneath the arms.

"Take a deep breath."

Is all the warning Okuyasu gets before he's pulled free. Vision swimming he leans on Jotaro as they exit the house. Thankfully the fire seems to be mostly out. The hose teams are focusing on the hot spots and making sure that there's no possibility for a rekindle.

Jotaro leads him towards the sidewalk where there's a medic unit waiting on standby. Taking his mask off, he talks to the paramedic leaning against the back of the ambulance. "Josuke, we've got a leg injury. The floorboards gave out. Haven't gotten anything from him," he finishes with a tip of his head towards Okuyasu.

"Thanks, Jotaro," says the paramedic. "I can take it from here."

Okuyasu is huffing air harsh through his mask, too focused on walking in a way that doesn't shoot pain up his leg to even think of taking his mask off. Jotaro passes him off to the paramedic, Josuke, he supposes, and he's manhandled to sit on the back bumper of the ambulance. Once seated, his mask is taken off. Gasping as fresh air fills his lungs and soothes his sweat soaked skin, he looks up and is met by a pair of concerned blue eyes.

"Hi there, I'm Josuke, can you tell me what happened?"

"Uh ..." between the pain in his ankle and the fact that he's now been stunned by a paramedic too handsome for his own good, it takes Okuyasu a second to catch up. But sitting down has helped. His mind is feeling a bit less pain-clouded at least. "Like Jotaro said, the floorboards gave out. My ankle twisted."

"Just your ankle?" Josuke asks, hunkering down. "No knee or hip pain?"

"No," Okuyasu shakes his head as he watches Josuke examine his thick, chunky boot.

"Hmm, I'd like to get you out of this boot if I can," Josuke states as he begins to pull carefully at Okuyasu's bunker gear. "Though, I know you probably don't want me to cut you out of these."

Okuyasu shakes his head again. "The chief would kill me and probably you," he says with a morbid little grin.

Josuke hums in commiseration. "Yeah, it's not like any of this comes cheap. Let's see what we can do."

He has Okuyasu flex and move however he can, describing the pain as he does so.

"Well, it sounds like a bad sprain," he eventually says. "I'd still like to get you out of the boot, though. Think you can manage taking it off without it hurting too bad?"