Think About Me! ❀ Venti

❀°────────────────╮

𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕...

╰───────────────┄ °❀

You stood against the tree at Windrise, where you normally went to think

You stood against the tree at Windrise, where you normally went to think. It was dark, night falling over Mondstadt with the stars twinkling like glitter. You were sorrowful, but you weren't sure why. That sinking feeling just decided to reside in your chest out of nowhere, so you felt like you were stuck in a pit of loneliness with no escape.

You were staring at the ground when you suddenly caught the delightful sound of music flowing through the air. You recognized the tune.

You glanced around but didn't see anyone. Confused, you lifted your head and saw Venti sitting on one of the tree branches. His eyes were closed and he had a small smile on his face. He looked peaceful, the opposite to how you were feeling.

He was playing the song he wrote for you, made for you to listen to whenever you were upset.

He finally finished and hopped down from the tree, landing in front of you as you leaned against the bark.

"When did you get here?" You asked.

"Hm~. I don't know!" He replied cheerfully.

"Uh huh. Were you looking for me?" You queried, raising an eyebrow at him.

He scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "How'd you know?"

"Because you know I come here to think and you brought your lyre," you pointed out.

"But Y/n, I always have my lyre!" He argued. "Anyway, since you're here, what's wrong?"

You sighed and sat down to give your legs a break, "I don't know."

Venti took a seat beside you, running his fingers along the grass. He stayed silent, letting you speak.

"I just feel kinda... Hopeless, right now," you added, hugging your legs to your chest and resting your head on your knees. "Thinking hurts a lot sometimes."

"Y/n, you know ruminating isn't good for you. You need to keep your thoughts like the wind, flowing and calm."

"How do I do that?" You whispered, not having the strength to talk much anymore, or even open your mouth.

"Hm... Well, here's something you could try. Think about me! And whenever you start thinking too much, come to me and I'll play a song for you~. That sounds nice, doesn't it?" Venti suggested.

"...Yeah, it does..." You agreed. "Thank you..."

Venti pulled you closer to him, hugging you from the side and resting his head on your shoulder, "Of course, my love~."

L-Love? You thought.

You blushed and tried to focus on Venti instead of letting your thoughts roam to the deepest corners of your mind. It worked for the most part, and the comforting silence was pleasant.

"Hey Y/n?" Venti said, staring up at the sky.

"What?"

"I love you, ehe~."

"I-... I love you too..." You responded.

"You're my everything. I'd give up all the stars in the sky for you. Music and wind are nothing compared to your beauty."

You smiled and gazed up at the stars with rosy cheeks, "Nothing else would matter if I didn't have you... I don't know where I'd be..."

"Well let's not think about where we would be, but where we are now!" Venti chirped, his lyre appearing out of nowhere, "Shall I play another song?"

"I think you should write a new one. Make it about us," you grinned.

"Well, we're definitely on the same page with that one, ehe~!"

All of a sudden, you felt his soft lips on yours. You closed your eyes and enjoyed the sensation, the butterflies in your stomach fluttering wildly. He broke apart and began playing a new song, leaving you a blushing mess in the process.