Vengeance for my Heart ❀ Eula

╓┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╖

𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭~

╙┈♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔┈╜

I stood at the edge of Starsnatch Cliff, looking over the edge in a panic

I stood at the edge of Starsnatch Cliff, looking over the edge in a panic. I was being chased by an entire group of hilichurls and I thought I could've lost them if I ran far enough, but they still followed me to the end. I was stuck, and my glider was being fixed since I ripped it when I landed in a tree before.

I considered jumping and landing in the water, but that would be painful and it could knock me unconscious, in which case I'd drown anyway. I didn't bring my (weapon of choice) with me since I was only going to grab some Cecilias. If I managed to survive, I'd definitely remember to bring my weapon everywhere from then on.

The hilichurls drew closer and I tried taking a step back, but there was no ground to step on anymore so I put my foot back on the cliff. That could've easily made me slip and fall to my death...

Suddenly, I heard the slash of a sword and felt a rush of cold overwhelm me, causing me to shiver. I hugged myself and my eyes widened as all the hilichurls fell to the ground, disappearing as they did so. Once they were gone, I had a good view of my savior.

"You owe me," Eula stated.

"Sorry," I apologized, walking toward her to make sure I wasn't on the edge of the cliff any longer. "I wasn't expecting to run into a camp of them today..."

"And that is why you must always be prepared no matter what," she scolded, sticking her greatsword into the ground and crossing her arms. "Bring your weapon next time."

"I will," I nodded. "What are you doing out here, though?"

"I was sent to spy on some members of the fatui," she answered. "I'd just finished dealing with them when I noticed the hilichurls following you. You're lucky I was here, or else you'd be dead."

"I'll make it up to you," I promised. "What would you like?"

"Hm," she hummed. "Treat me to a meal."

"Okay, we can head to Good Hunter if you want then," I suggested as she grabbed her claymore and we began our journey back to the City of Freedom.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Eula ended up eating mostly meat, though I wasn't surprised. That was what she usually ate whenever we went out, even if it was a bit of a rare occasion. She was always working, putting all her time and effort toward her job. I admired her greatly for it. She still pushed through even though so many of Mondstadt's residents accused her of being a spy for the Lawrence Clan. It didn't seem to get to her, yet I know at some point I would've cracked under the pressure.