𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 ❀ 𝐘𝐨𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚

╭──────☓★☓──────╮

𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬...

╰──────☓★☓──────╯

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: None

Category: Fluff

Original Genshin AU

 Sorry this is kinda late, I didn't have much time to make more than this for her so it's also pretty short

Word Count: 824

Unedited

「 BIRTHDAY SPARKS 

"AH!"

your scream echoed through the shop and you winced, hoping mr. naganohara didn't hear. luckily or you, he was very much deaf.

after a few moments of waiting in case someone happened to walk in, you turned around to check on the firework that had just exploded in your face. it looked... melted. frustrated about another failure, you groaned and plopped down in your seat, slamming your forehead down on the table.

you'd been assisting yoimiya with naganohara fireworks for years, though you were never successful in actually making any of the fireworks. all you did was get the lists of items she requested, but she always thanked you profusely for your help despite the fact that you rarely did anything.

"hey, y/n!" yoimiya abruptly skipped into the room with her hands behind her back. "oh, what's that?"

"NOTHING! i mean, um, nothing," you cringed at your own haste. you felt the sudden desire to crawl up into yourself and die.

she giggled and walked over, "you were trying to make a firework?"

"...no?" you grinned nervously. "...yes. i was trying to make one in a specific shape this time, but it's..."

"not working out?" she guessed. "i'll help you with it!"

"n-no, i wanna do this myself," you stammered quickly. "maybe it'll force me to learn if i do all of it myself, since you'd probably end up doing all the work anyway."

"i mean, if you say so," she shrugged with a bright smile and removed her hands from behind her back as she set a few pieces of candy on the table in front of you. "the kids gave me some candy today, so i thought i'd share! i know you like chocolate, hehe."

you blinked in response before smiling softly, "thanks. how has your day been?"

"it's been good!" she pulled a chair over and sat down next to you, peeling open a candy wrapper and popping the treat in her mouth. "i played with the kids today, obviously. we painted a bunch of eggs and hid them around the city! it was super fun, but we lost a few of them for good, heh... oh, and i went to get more supplies for fireworks! i've been wanting to try a bunch of different colors at once, so i think i'm gonna work on that tonight."

"that sounds awesome," you replied. "i'd try to help, but..."

she glanced at the melted firework, "well, hey! maybe it can be a learning experience, y'know? you're welcome to come by anytime."

"yeah, thanks," you nodded. "sooo... what are you planning for your birthday?"

"ah?" she perked up. "well, i didn't have anything special planned, i was just going to set off some fireworks! oh, and grab some cake! wanna join me?"

"obviously."

"w-where are we going?" yoimiya giggled as you pulled her by the hand, passing various trees.

"hold on, you'll see," you responded, hopping down a small cliff. because of how anxious you were, your entire body was trembling with the rush of fear and excitement.

eventually, you led her to a waterfall, where the water reflected the glow of moonlight. trees were scattered around and the sound of crickets filled up the otherwise silent night. the firework you'd prepared was already set up; all you had to do was light it.

due to the dim lighting, she was unable to see what you were doing when you dashed over to the firework.

"stand back!" you advised. "and pay attention!"

"got it!" she replied, giving you a thumbs up despite your back being toward her.

once you lit it up, you hastily backed away until you were standing beside her again and she realized you'd made a firework for her. her mouth stretched into a wide grin and she waited quietly, clenching her fists in anticipation as it shot up into the sky.

your eyes were locked on her expression as you fiddled with the end of your shirt and nibbled your bottom lip. the firework exploded into the shape of a red heart and you finally tore your gaze away from her, instead staring at your feet as your face flooded multiple shades of pink.

after all the sparks fizzled out and the image dissipated into the night, yoimiya turned back to you and saw your flustered appearance. her eyes sparkled as she poked your cheek, drawing your attention to her face.

"it was beautiful," she smiled.

your blush grew darker and she leaned over, her lips brushing against your cheek gently. once she pulled away, your hand flew up to your face and grazed the spot she kissed. your eyes were wide and twinkling with emotion.

"um... happy birthday...?" you whispered.

she giggled, "thank you!"