A Romantic Ballad ❀ Venti

❀°────────────────╮

𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?

╰───────────────┄ °❀

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘺: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

❥ 𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘮 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘱 𝘢 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵.

╰──➤ 𝘼 𝙍𝙊𝙈𝘼𝙉𝙏𝙄𝘾 𝘽𝘼𝙇𝙇𝘼𝘿

You could feel a few droplets of rain land in your hair, but you didn't mind it. You liked the rain, and you were protected by the large branches on Vennessa's tree. The soothing sound of a lyre wafted through the air effortlessly, not failing to make you sleepy. The music sounded soft, and caring. Like the sounds were looking after you. It was very loving. The bard playing his newest tune jumped down from the branch above you and laughed when he saw your tired eyes. His laughter made you blush.

"Why'd you stop?" You asked.

"I wouldn't want my lyre to get wet from the rain," he answered, letting the instrument disappear into thin air.

"Oh, right..."

You sat down against the tree trunk as the rain began beating down on the land. Venti joined you. The crashing intensity of thunder woke you up indefinitely.

"We might have to stay here for a while," Venti sighed. "Wouldn't want you getting hit by lightning again, ehe."

You playfully punched his arm. "Shut up."

After a bit of silence, you decided to speak up. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Why, of course!"

"That song you were playing before. I know there's no correct interpretation of music, but... What's the story of it to you?"

Another crack of thunder startled you and you flinched. The rain was beginning to find your sleeve since it wasn't covered by the branch above. Venti's hair began to glow as you questioned him. He was unsure if he wanted to answer at first, but your curious gaze made him cave.

"Well..."

The water raining down to the dirt grew louder, but you could still hear Venti clearly. He leaned closer to you and you couldn't not take note of his glowing braids. Your cheeks reddened since his face was only a few inches away from yours.

"It tells the story of two friends," he began, reaching over to gently mess with your hair. "Sitting under a tree... Hiding from the rain."

You wondered if that was it, but he continued.

"And one of them is scared of lightning."

You blinked. Another strike landed on the ground not too far away, almost causing you to jump.

"So the other one hugs them to let them know it's going to be okay," he said as he wrapped his arms around you, resting his head on your shoulder. "And they stay like that for a while."

"...And then?" You queried, all too curious about the ending.

"And then they fall in love," he whispered.

Your eyes widened and even your ears were red. His lips were right next to your ear. Did he just admit to loving you? Was that a confession, or a hypothetical story? Unable to form words, you just returned his hug and hid your face in his shoulder. He chuckled, worsening your blush. Finally, you found your words.

"They do...?"

"Well, that's up for you to decide."

"But... What if one of them fell in love before hiding from the rain?"

Venti's heart went up in flames and his hair glowed even brighter. "Then both of them would've been in love for a while."

"Really...?"

"Of course."

You hesitantly leaned back to meet his gaze and he smiled at you. Your heart swelled. 

"Y/n, can you close your eyes?"

"Okay..."

Darkness surrounded you, until the void was filled with fireworks as you felt a soft sensation against your lips. You kissed back instantly, giving Venti a feeling of accomplishment and excitement all at once. Once you both pulled apart, you opened your eyes and saw a blushing bard in front of you. You beamed at how adorable he looked, with his red face and glowing hair.

"Are you laughing at me?" He asked.

"No, of course not," you smiled. "You just look really cute."

"Says you," he huffed.

You blushed and chuckled again. "I love you, Venti."

"I love you too, Y/n. More than anything."