Adventuring With You ❀ Aether

°•.•╔✿═════๏⊙๏═════✿╗•.•°

𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞?

.•°•╚✿═════๏⊙๏═════✿╝•°•.

The clouds reached down to touch the grass

The clouds reached down to touch the grass. It was difficult to see when you were so high on the mountain, but you continued climbing. It was your goal to reach the top, and you definitely couldn't stop when you were so close. The sky was grey, no real color to be seen.

"Hey!"

You stiffened and turned your head, looking down below you at the ground, seeing a boy with blonde hair, who was also wearing a crop top. You found it strange since it was so cold, but you ignored it.

"What?!" You yelled loud enough for him to hear.

"Are you okay up there!?" He asked.

"I'm fine!" You replied.

"Are you sure!?"

"Yes, I'm sure, now stop distracting me!"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

That was how you initially met. You weren't really a big fan of Aether afterward, but you grew to enjoy his company as long as he wasn't with his annoying floaty companion. She was a bonus you'd never want nor get used to. You voiced your opinions of Paimon frequently, even in front of her, so whenever you and Aether hung out, he'd send Paimon away. He normally used food as an excuse for her to leave.

"She's so annoying, I don't know how you deal with her..." You mumbled as you watched the fire in front of you.

"It's hard sometimes, but I can't just get rid of her," Aether said.

"I would if I were you, but I'm not you, so I won't judge," you shrugged. "How long has it been since we met?"

"Almost a year, I think," he answered.

"Hm," you hummed. "Feels like yesterday..."

"Y-Yeah..." Aether stuttered. "I thought you were gonna hate me forever..."

"Well, no need to worry about that anymore," you looked over and smiled at him, a sight that was becoming more common over the time you spent with him.

The way the light from the fire danced across your face was stunning to Aether, and the night sky made it even better. For his entire time in Teyvat, he was only looking for his sister. He never would've expected to fall in love during the process, but there you were, smiling beautifully at him like he was the only person in the world.

"I like adventuring with you," you admitted. "As long as that fairy isn't around. I wonder what's taking her so long to get wood, anyway..."

"She probably can't carry it," Aether chuckled.

"Pfft, I wouldn't be surprised," you agreed. "Y'know, I think we should go on an adventure sometime, just us."

"Y-You think so?" Aether responded, thinking of what it would be like to go on a trip with just you.

"I mean, if you don't like the idea-"

"No! I'd like that," he interrupted. "I think it would be nice."

"Really?"

"Y-Yeah, of course."

"I'm glad," you grinned.

You both sat in silence for a few moments, the cracks of the fire burning playing like music in the background. Aether was nervous about being alone with you for so long, and he began to worry about when Paimon was going to come back. He could barely stand the awkward feeling swelling in his chest.

"Are you okay? You look a bit red," you pointed out, suppressing a smirk.

"I'm fine, don't worry," he laughed anxiously.

"I can tell something's bothering you," you stated. "If you want to, you can tell me what it is."

"It's just... Being with you alone like this makes me really nervous because I don't want to end up saying something wrong and embarrassing myself in front of you. I can't help it, you just make me really anxious and I want you to have the best image of me so-"

You cut him off by gently putting your hand on the back of his head in order to pull him closer, closing the distance between you both. Aether's eyes widened at the contact before shutting his eyes and melting into the touch. The kiss didn't last for very long, but it was long enough. You pulled away and beamed, happy that he accepted your advance.

"Why'd you do that...?" He questioned, making sure it didn't sound as if he was upset about it.

"Because," you started. "I've been wanting to do it for a while, and you looked cute. Sorry for cutting you off, ahah..."

"It's fine!" Aether smiled. "You can cut me off like that anytime you want..."

"Hm?" You hummed. "I didn't hear that."

"Nothing!"

"Wait, were you guys making out while I was gone!?"