Take My Shoes Off ❀ Scaramouche

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.♕︎.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐠𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞.

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.♕︎.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

[Modern AU]{Trigger Warning: References to S*icide}~Scaramouche x Female Reader~

[Modern AU]
{Trigger Warning: References to S*icide}
~Scaramouche x Female Reader~

Y/n L/n is known as being harsh and cold. "Ice Queen" is a bit of an overused term to describe her, but it would not be inaccurate. She is violent, and impulsive. People never mess with her directly because she's never afraid to hurt others physically and emotionally, but they always talk about her behind her back. Well, not necessarily behind her back. She knows all the things they say. They're either not good at whispering, or they don't even try.

Scaramouche is the same way for the most part, yet he still dislikes Y/n. She's too openly aggressive toward other people, and she frequently starts fights that get in the way of his daily life at high school. As torturous as it already is, she makes it worse. He prefers keeping his threats quiet, so only a specific person can hear instead of the entire fucking school. He finds it miraculous that she has only been suspended a few times, instead of expelled. The principal just keeps giving her chances, and she just keeps fucking them up.

"Again?" Scaramouche mumbles as he stares at Y/n as she continues kicking the other girl on the ground.

People are filming with their phones, before one of the teachers scolds them for it and breaks up the "fight", which is more of a beat down. Scaramouche walks into his class, which was being blocked by the girl on the ground before. He sighs before sitting in his assigned seat, watching through the window as the teacher brings Y/n to the principal's office again. 

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"One last chance."

"That's what you said last time."

"I mean it this time."

"Sure you do."

Y/n slams the door behind her after exiting, thinking over the conversation she just went through. Well, it was more like a lecture. The words spoken were not words Y/n wants to hear again. Of course, they were her mother's words. No one else is aware of that, though. Y/n guesses that some students have figured it out based on the fact that Y/n hasn't been kicked out of school yet.

She finds her class and goes through half the day as she normally does. At lunchtime, though, she leaves the classroom, where she normally eats, and heads up to the roof. She looks off the edge, leaning over the half-assed fence that only reaches her hips. She can easily jump over it.

Meanwhile, Scaramouche sits where he usually does, on a bench beside the door to the stairwell. However, the bench is out of view for Y/n when she exits because it's beside the wall. Scaramouche observes Y/n's movements closely, and realizes what she's thinking of doing.

Y/n takes off her shoes, not thinking to look around her because she's in an emotional frenzy. All she checks is if the building is tall enough for her to die on impact. It is. She sets her shoes together in front of the railing and climbs over, a small sliver of the roof the only ground she has beneath her. She takes a deep breath and readies herself to finally let go, but Scaramouche rushes over, wrapping his arms around her waist. He forces her onto the safe side of the railing and throws her to the floor, far from the edge of the roof.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" He shouts.

"I..." Y/n glances between him and her shoes, still in shock from the sudden save.

"Answer me."

"...Everything."

Based on Y/n's normal behavior, Scaramouche expected her to say something like that in a harsh tone, non-verbally telling him to leave her alone. Instead, the word comes out with a crack in the girl's voice, and before either of them can realize, tears are gliding down her cheeks. Y/n covers her face, trying not to make any noise. Despite her attempts, Scaramouche can tell she's crying hard due to her sharp breathing.

"...Y/n."

"W-What!?" Y/n snaps, her depressed state becoming more obvious as her voice almost breaks entirely.

Scaramouche kneels down in front of her, speaking in a calm voice for once, "Why are you up here?"

She knows what he's asking, but she doesn't want to answer.

"W-Why the hell should I tell you?" She scoffs. "I don't even know you."

"Fair enough," he sighs, sitting down normally and glancing up at the sky. "Maybe you'll tell me someday."

"Are you saying we're supposed to be best friends now just because you stopped me from killing myself?" Y/n asks in a more cold tone than she intended.

"Are you complaining about it?"

"You've seen how I treat other people, right?"

"Obviously. But considering what you just tried to do, there must be more going on. I want to know about it. Besides, I'm not that different."

"If you're not that different, you wouldn't have saved me."

"You're saying you would let someone die right in front of you even if you had the chance to save them?" Scaramouche asks, staring into Y/n's eyes with an intensity she's never encountered before. It flusters her.

"Yes."

"And if it was specifically a suicide attempt?" He adds.

"...No."

"So we're more alike than I thought."

"You have a soft spot for suicides?" Y/n says, raising her eyebrow at Scaramouche.

He nods, "An old friend committed suicide a while ago. It was a few years ago, but I'm still trying to deal with it."

Y/n feels a strike of guilt overcome her since she almost committed suicide in front of the boy who experienced it before. She now realizes it probably reminds him of his old friend, and she feels the need to apologize, but she doesn't. Everything is silent for a minute.

"I try to be nice," Y/n says. "But it's hard to break my habit of acting like this because I've almost always been this way around other people. The only reason I'm such a bitch is because kids used to pick on me and I wanted them to stop, so I decided scaring them would work. And it did, so I kept scaring them."

Scaramouche just stares at her, wondering why she decided to share this piece of personal information. Though, since she told him so quickly, he knows it's not the answer to his original question. That's not why she went to the roof in the first place.

Y/n adds, "You shared something personal, so I thought I should too. You can know the rest later, if you stick with me for long enough.

She stands up and grabs her shoes. She heads to the door and opens it, ready to leave him with his thoughts.

"Don't kill yourself before the day ends."

She slams the door behind her.

Scaramouche ponders over what the last thing she said could mean. He also thinks of how abnormal his behavior was during that encounter. He felt as if he grew more in-touch with his old self when around Y/n.

"Hm."