Fall In Love Again ❀ Venti

❀°────────────────╮

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲...

╰───────────────┄ °❀

[Birthday Special!]

Venti was at Windrise, pondering over what to do for his birthday. He wanted to spend his time with you, but that was all he knew. He had no plans in particular. Part of him was actually worried you'd forgotten his birthday. It was still early morning, though, so he'd have to wait and see.

"Venti!" You called, almost tripping over a tree root as you ran over to your beloved.

"Y/n?" He turned to face you just before you gently bumped against him.

"Sorry," you apologized. "But happy birthday! Uh, I went to get some flowers from Starsnatch Cliff for you... I know you like Cecilias, so..."

You took the flowers out from behind your back, where you'd been holding them so he wouldn't see. Venti was fairly surprised, both at the fact that you remembered his birthday, and that you got him flowers for the occasion. He was thankful, though.

"Ehe, thank you!" He blessed, carefully taking the bouquet of flowers from your hands. "I love them, especially since you gave them to me."

"I'm glad," you beamed. "So what are we doing for your birthday?"

"I haven't quite figured that out yet," Venti admitted. "Any ideas?"

"Well, we could go to the tavern later," you suggested. "Or we could stay home... Either way, I saved some money from doing commissions so I could buy you a few bottles of Dandelion wine."

"You did?" He replied, shocked that you'd spend so much money for him.

"Of course," you nodded with a smile. "So we could have them at the tavern or take them home if you want. That still doesn't solve the issue for the rest of the day, though... Hm..."

"I think I know what we should do with the wine," Venti said. "Let's head home so I can put these Cecilias in water!"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

You both headed home and put the flowers in a vase. You were starving, so Venti suggested going to Good Hunter for lunch, which you agreed to. You both ordered your food and waited.

"How are you feeling about your birthday so far?" You asked.

"Good, since I'm spending it with you," he responded with a grin.

His words made you happy, you couldn't stop yourself from smiling. His presence alone was enough to make you feel like your heart was bursting into flames. He was so loving toward you, and it was all you'd ever wanted in a relationship.

"Am I really making it that much better?" You questioned.

"Of course! You're the light of my life, any day is brighter with you!" He claimed.

You blushed and averted your gaze, letting your hands rest in your lap. It was nice to hear such kind words from someone, no matter how many times he'd told you previously. Every time he spoke, it was like you fell in love with him all over again. You wanted to apologize for not throwing a party for the occasion, but the words were stuck in your throat.

"T-Thank you..." You stuttered.

"For what?" Venti queried, curiosity found in his expression.

"Loving me," you answered.

"You should thank yourself for that, not me," he stated. "I did fall in love with you because you're you, after all."

"Thanks, me, I guess?" You chuckled.

"Exactly!"

Sara set the food on the table and you both began eating. It was delicious, as always. It was definitely a thoroughly enjoyed meal, which you paid for of course. That was partially because it was Venti's birthday, but also because he didn't have any money. By the time you were done, the day was approaching evening. While you went to get the wine from Angel's Share, Venti went to your shared house to get something. You met back up at the Mondstadt gates and you noticed Venti carrying a blanket, as well as a bucket of ice. You presumed the bucket was for the wine.

"So where are we going?"

"You'll figure it out ehe~."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Starsnatch Cliff," you observed, looking over the edge to see the large drop below.

Venti took your arm and pulled you back, into his arms, "You might want to stay away from the edge, love."

"R-Right," you stammered, nervous because of how close he was.

He let go of you and the two of you sat down on the blanket Venti brought along. He opened a bottle of wine and sipped from it, letting out a satisfied hum afterward. You were glad he seemed to enjoy it.

"Hey, Venti?" You said.

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to throw you a big party or anything like that... You know, I'm just really not good at talking to people and I don't even know if anyone would've went if I invited them since I don't really have any friends, and I wanted to make you a cake, but I don't know how to bake and-"

Venti cut off your words with a kiss, leaving you sitting in shock for a moment before you kissed back. You weren't expecting an action like that, but you happily welcomed it. Any kisses from Venti were amazing to you.

He pulled away and cupped your face with his hand, "I don't need any big celebrations for my birthday. I didn't even need the wine that you kindly saved up for! I really didn't need anything. All I wanted for today was you."

"Me...?"

"You," he repeated, using his free hand to grab one of the Cecilias in the grass behind you. "My Windblume."

He gently placed the Cecilia in your hair. He started slowly kissing all over your face. Your forehead, cheeks, nose, and your lips. You were a blushing mess from all of the love you were receiving.

The sky was dark overhead, stars twinkling in the sky. It was beautiful, but you could barely even pay it a glance. Venti was taking up all of your attention, but you couldn't complain. The sky could wait.

"Every day, you find new methods to make me fall in love with you all over again. You're gorgeous in every single way possible, my love. I would never ask for more."