Useless Flirting ❀ Childe

╔═════ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═════╗

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮...

╚═════ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═════╝

* ˎˊ- ═════╝

[Modern AU]

"Hey!"

I sighed, "Hey."

"You're very enthusiastic today, aren't you?" He chuckled.

"Just like every day," I rolled my eyes, wishing he'd go away.

"And adorable as always~," he smirked.

"Shut up," I snapped, trying to suppress a blush.

"Oh, come on. You know you love me," he grinned.

"Ajax, seriously, shut up."

"Fine, fine."

We entered the classroom for our first subject of the day and I immediately felt boredom overwhelm me. I ended up spending half of class in my own head, thinking of random things that came to mind. The other half, Ajax was passing me letters since he sat beside me to the right.

'You look bored, cutie'

I looked over at him after reading the letter and glared, crumpling the paper and throwing it on the floor. He pouted in response to my actions and I returned my attention to my own imagination. I didn't want to get caught passing notes in class. That'd definitely get me detention, especially with how strict the teachers were. Ajax knew it as well, yet he still placed another one on my desk shortly after I ruined the first one.

'You can't refuse my love forever, y'know'

This time, I didn't even spare him a glance before crumpling it and tossing it to the ground. He sighed dramatically and I noticed him starting to write a new note. I internally groaned. He really should've been paying attention to the class, but I guess I wasn't either so I couldn't blame him. He had an even worse attention span than me, so it wasn't surprising.

'Do you really hate me that much :('

The sad face was a bit much... I decided to write back on this one, telling him to stop.

'Not at all, but stop trying to get me detention.'

I passed the paper over and he read it, instantly perking up. Sadly, our teacher had turned around and saw me. Of course, they couldn't have turned at any point where Ajax was sending them to me. Great.

"Y/n, Childe, no passing notes in class. After school detention," they decided.

I sighed and rested my head on my desk, disappointed in myself for responding. I glanced over to Ajax and the expression on his face was one I rarely ever saw. He felt guilty. Maybe he really didn't consider the possibility of us getting in trouble. Whatever. It was too late to worry about it.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Did you seriously not think we'd get detention?" I scolded once the adult watching over us left the room. They didn't seem to care much about us actually staying there, but I wasn't going to leave since if I ran into another teacher, I'd get into even more trouble.

"I thought I was the only one who would get in trouble," he defended. "I didn't expect you to respond..."

I suddenly felt bad. I was probably making him feel like it was all his fault.

"Sorry," I sighed. "I shouldn't have given it back. I just didn't want you thinking I hated you."

"Well I guess I shouldn't have been giving you letters in the first place," he said.

"Whatever. It's useless worrying about it now. It's fine. But I have a serious question," I stated.

"What is it?"

"Why do you keep flirting with me?" I asked.

"Why do you think?" He replied.

"I don't know, don't you flirt with everyone? I just don't get why you keep doing it even after I tell you to stop," I admitted.

"You really think I flirt with everyone?" He questioned with wide eyes.

"...Yes."

"You're the only one I ever flirt with, Y/n."

"I am...?"

"Of course you are," he chuckled. "You really are so adorable~."

I felt my face heat up at his words, "So... Are you going to answer my question?"

"Are you gonna answer mine?"

"I'd rather not."

"Fine, then I'll say it for you," he moved to sit in the chair next to me since we were ordered to sit a few rows away from each other while the teacher was there. He placed his finger under my chin and lifted my head up to meet his gaze. I felt my heart stop beating.

"I love you."

Part of me wanted to ask if he was being serious, but the look in his eyes already answered that question for me. I could barely breathe since I was so nervous, but I managed to choke a few words out.

"I-I love you too..."

He closed the distance between us and my eyes widened before I forced them closed and returned the affection. His lips were soft... And cold. Occasionally, I thought about what it would be like to feel his lips on mine, but I never thought it would make my heart feel as if it was about to burst into flames.

He pulled away and grinned, as if he were an innocent child, "You're a good kisser, Y/n!"

"S-Shut it," I playfully punched his shoulder, looking away as a desperate attempt to hide my red face.

"So... You're mine now, right?"

"I-I guess you could say that..."