𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 ❀ 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐧

❀°─────────────╗

𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞,
𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.
𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞...

╚────────────┄ °❀

❥ Ship: Xiao x Venti

Ship: Xiao x Venti

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘺: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

❥ 𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦: Modern AU

❥ 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦: Day two of Venti week <333

❥ 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵: 863

╰──➤ NIGHTTIME TRICKS

"go to sleep, venti."

"but you're gonna stay up working, right? i wanna help you..."

"you're tired," xiao sighed. "i'll be fine."

venti pouted, "why do you always insist on going to bed after me? i wanna fall asleep with you for once!"

xiao looked down to his feet and crossed his arms over his chest before answering, "it's not my fault you exhaust yourself so early on."

venti gasped dramatically, "you're saying this is my fault?! i can't believe you would suggest such a thing."

xiao fought off a smile as he spun around and walked over to the doorframe, "go to bed."

he flicked the light off and exited into the hall, closing their bedroom door once venti had his nightlight turned on. venti frowned and sighed, pulling his fingers through his braids and letting them come undone. he plopped his head down onto the pillow below and flipped onto his side, looking out the window on the wall in front of him as he laid on the outer side of the bed.

then an idea suddenly popped into his head.

he began the waiting process. at first, it was easy (albeit boring), but it gradually became difficult to keep his eyes open. he tried picking up a book to keep his mind refreshed, but it only increased his exhaustion, so he quickly placed it back where it belonged.

he quietly hummed to himself, and it somewhat kept him from passing out, but it also acted as a lullaby that encouraged him to close his eyes. after an hour had passed, he was on the edge of sleep, and he heard the door creak open. he suppressed a gasp and a smile, knowing that his time of waiting was finally over.

venti allowed his eyes to flutter closed as he listened to xiao's footsteps, circling around the bed and over to the side where he was resting. xiao crouched down to be eye-level with his lover and carefully swept venti's bangs out of his face before planting a soft kiss on his forehead. venti's face faded into a luscious crimson, which xiao failed to take note of. he continued on with his nightly routine.

standing up properly, he dressed himself in his pajamas, which were simple pajama pants and a loose t-shirt. afterward, he climbed into the bed and slipped under the covers behind venti, who harked throughout everything.

xiao suddenly slid his hand around venti's waist and pulled him closer until his back was pressed against xiao's chest. venti's body burned with the desire to hug his lover in return, but in order to keep up the appearance that he was asleep, he resisted. instead, he smiled and allowed himself to drift off to sleep, being held in xiao's comforting arms. meanwhile, xiao's eyes fluttered closed and he buried his face in the back of venti's neck, enjoying the warmth they shared.

"goodnight, love."

venti's eyes blinked open and he failed to sense the kind embrace he felt the night before. he plopped onto his back and glanced over, seeing that xiao's side of the bed was empty, as usual. somehow, venti always fell asleep earlier and woke up later than him.

venti sat upright and yawned, stretching his arms above his head. he swung his legs over the side of the bed and threw his feet onto the floor. standing up, he wobbled slightly before gaining balance and sauntering to the door as he rubbed the exhaustion from his eyes.

"xiao!" he groaned, approaching the kitchen.

"what?" xiao replied, sliding a plate of food to the far side of the counter, where venti now stood.

"thank you," venti mumbled, hopping on a stool and beginning to eat.

xiao leaned over the counter for a moment, staring down at it. his fingers tapped gingerly against the marble as venti glanced up at him, wondering if he should say something.

"...i stayed up later than usual last night."

xiao's head perked up, "what? why?"

"i wanted to fall asleep with you," venti smiled.

after a brief second of stillness, xiao's face suddenly erupted into shades of pink and red and a flurry of panic whirled in his eyes.

"were you awake for...?"

venti grinned, a dusty blush coating his cheeks as well, "yep!"

xiao's hand shot to his mouth and covered the bottom half of his face in an attempt to hide the redness of his skin. his efforts were futile, but it did serve venti a bit of amusement.

venti softened his tone with his next words, "do you... do all of that every night?"

"um, yes... sorry..."

venti giggled and reached his hands over the counter, pulling xiao's hand away from his face. he held xiao's cheeks in his hands and offered a subtle smile. xiao's eyes widened and he stared through venti's swirling irises. they shared an intimate moment of silence before venti spoke again.

"don't be sorry. i loved it."