Rewrite the Stars ❀ Mona

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬...?

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

[Modern AU]~Mona x Female Reader~

[Modern AU]
~Mona x Female Reader~

People are so cruel.

We live in a very judgmental society, and because of that, so many people feel the need to hide who they are so they can gain acceptance from others. It's cruel, but it'll take decades for it to change. People don't alter their beliefs so easily. This entire time, I've just been waiting for all those ignorant people to die off so we can start a newer world. That's really only a dream, though. It won't happen.

"Y/n? You're here alone again," Mona pointed out, sitting on the bench across from me, resting her hands on the cafeteria table.

"Mhm!" I hummed, startled by her sudden appearance. "Yeah. You're the only person I know at all here so..."

"I see... Would you mind me keeping you company?" She asked.

"I-I wouldn't mind at all!" I stammered.

"Good," she nodded, taking a weirdly thick book out of nowhere.

"Uh, what's that?" I queried.

"Oh, it's a book about astrology," she answered. "I've been studying it recently. I find it interesting."

"Do you want to be an astrologist then?" I guessed.

"I believe so. I've been considering it, but I could end up changing my mind," she replied.

"I think that would be cool," I commented. "I've always liked looking at the stars."

"Well it's much more than just looking at the stars," she corrected. "But yes, looking at them is also very nice. Sadly, we don't get to see many of them because of the city lights."

"Yeah... I'd like to go somewhere I can see a bunch of them," I said. "All over the sky."

"Could I go with you if you ever end up doing that?" She requested.

"Of course," I smiled.

She returned the smile and I felt my face heat up from the sight. Her smile was beautiful, though I wasn't surprised. She was one of the most gorgeous girls I'd ever seen, despite being in an all girl school. My parents enrolled me into an only-girl school because they wanted me to focus on my grades instead of boys, but there was just one problem with that.

I didn't like boys.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

We became friends after that. Before, we were only acquainted with each other, but I grew to know her very well. She still didn't know I liked girls, though. At the time, I wasn't willing to share that with anyone. Besides, I ended up falling in love with her over the course of a few months, so I really didn't want her to consider that I might've liked her. I knew she wouldn't feel the same, but there was a little speck of hope. One day, Mona asked to spend the night at my house and I agreed. I had no idea what that would lead to, but I wish I did. Still, I wouldn't change a thing.

"Are things alright with your parents?" She asked after sitting on the edge of my bed once we arrived in my bedroom.

"Things are fine, I guess," I shrugged. "It doesn't really matter. Anyways, what do you wanna do?"

"We could watch a movie. I'm not sure, I wanted to get out of my house for a while," she sighed.

"Did something happen?" I queried, sitting beside her.

"I told something to that hag and she freaked out," she rolled her eyes, probably recalling the event. "Freaked out in a bad way. I don't want to be near her right now."

"Really? What did you even tell her?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I... I told her that I like girls," she sighed.

My eyes widened at that statement, suddenly feeling a surge of hope run through me. Maybe she really did like me then? I wasn't sure what to say or do, but at that moment all I wanted to do was kiss her and let her know I love her. I couldn't, though. Just because she liked girls didn't mean she liked me.

"You're not judging me, are you?" Mona questioned.

"NO! I mean, no. Not at all," my face went red at how hastily I answered her. "Sorry. I just wasn't sure what to say."

"I understand."

We sat in silence for another moment before I decided to say what I was thinking. I took a deep breath and gathered my words, trying to build up the courage to say it.

"Can I tell you something...?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"I like girls too."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I nodded shyly. "You, in particular..."

"I like you too," she admitted.

"Y-You do!?"

"Yes. Everyone else thinks astrology is a joke and they always make fun of me for studying it so much," she began. "But you know I'm serious about it so you take it seriously too. You also never make fun of me for not having money... Ahem, anyway, yes, I like you very much."

I had no idea how to respond in words, so I tried to show what I wanted to say with my actions instead. I placed my hand on her cheek and pressed my lips onto hers. When she responded, I smiled against her lips. It felt like it was just us in the entire universe, like we were on a different planet. It was just us and the stars. We parted and I exhaled. I realized what just happened and scooted away from her a bit, staring at the floor as my entire body tensed.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that, I wasn't thinking," I apologized.

I heard her let out a small laugh, "It's alright, Y/n. I enjoyed it."

"S-So... What are we now?" I stammered.

"Well we could date... But we'd have to keep it a secret," she suggested.

"If I could be with you, that'd be worth it..." I decided. "What do you want to do...?"

She took my hands in her own and intertwined our fingers, "Let's stay together."