𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞? ❀ 𝐇𝐞𝐢𝐳𝐨𝐮

╔══❖═══════❖══╗

𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞...

╚══❖═══════❖══╝

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: None

Category: Fluff

Original Genshin AU + Birthday Special!

I got this idea from @Em_Here_I_Exist !!

Word Count: 1493

「 SURPRISE? 

heizou was always very good at reading you; whatever you were thinking or feeling, he knew.

this fact was the reason you attempted avoiding him when you began planning a secret party for his birthday. you never tried it in the past, since you figured it wouldn't work, but you'd always wanted to catch him by surprise. no matter what you did, though, he always saw you coming.

it was honestly frustrating.

you started avoiding him weeks before the event so you could throw him off with the timing, and it genuinely hurt to run past him every time he tried to approach you. You hoped it would all be worth it.

"y/n-"

"sorry, gotta go, bye!"

you hastily sped off from the grand narukami shrine, where you were visiting to speak with yae miko about the party. the final preparations were being set, along with last minute decorations or guests.

of course, the location was on watatsumi island since you were aware how much heizou admired the views there. the soldiers of the resistance were assigned with making sure he didn't stumble upon it. almost everyone was in on it, and they were happy to help because of all the contributions you made to their nation. 

eventually, after a dreadful walk to Inazuma City, you found yourself in naganohara fireworks.

"hey!" yoimiya chirped. "here to work on your firework?"

"yeah," you sighed, sitting down in front of the half-finished bundle of soon-to-be fire. "the party's in a few days, i'm so nervous... it does seem like he's confused, though."

"that's good, then! you haven't been completely avoiding him, right?" she asked.

"i mean, no, but still," you muttered. "i only talked to him a couple times. i did try to give him as much affection as i could, but i'm not sure if it was enough. what if he wants to break up since i've been acting so weird?!"