Haiku From the Heart ❀ Kazuha

┌───────🍁───────┐

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮...

└───────🍁───────┘

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘺: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

❥ 𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦: 𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘒𝘢𝘻𝘶𝘩𝘢 !

╰──➤ 𝙃𝘼𝙄𝙆𝙐 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙏

You knew Kaedehara Kazuha very well. Of course you did, since he was your closest friend. So when his birthday rolled around, you knew what you wanted to give him. However, there was an issue.

How does he do this so easily...? I can't fit all the words I want to say into such a short poem...

Writing a haiku was more difficult than Kazuha made it seem to be.

You tapped your pen against your temple, trying to think of another line. Nothing came to mind. You crumpled the paper and threw it to the side before groaning with frustration at your predicament. You'd been trying to make a poem good enough for his eyes for at least three days. You lost count after that. You wanted your gift to him to be special and from the depths of your heart, since you were sure he'd appreciate that more than any material object you could give.

You were running out of time, though. Kazuha sent a letter inviting you to join him for dinner on Mt. Hulao, and there was no way you'd miss that. Thinking back to his invitation, you realized you were already late. Well, not exactly, but you should've left earlier.

I'll work on the way there, I need to go! 

Meanwhile, Kazuha was staring up at the sky with a small smile. You told him before that you had a special gift planned for him, and he couldn't wait to find out what it was. He was glad when he got back to Liyue before his birthday, since all he wanted was to spend it with you. He ended up setting a goal for himself; confess to you by the end of the day.

You gasped as you finally figured out exactly what you wanted to write, "I got it!"

Shortly after you wrote down your words, you arrived to the top of the mountain, where Kazuha was laying in the grass and observing the sky that overlooked the world. He heard your footsteps and sat upright, turning his head and giving you a smile. Your heart began beating erratically.

"K-Kazuha! Happy birthday!"

"Thank you, Y/n. How are you?" He asked, his voice soft as always.

You sat beside him and promptly noticed the dishes sitting on the small tree stump beside him. Fish, cooked to perfection. You panicked and ended up ignoring his question, thinking you made him wait so long that the food went cold.

"I'm so sorry! Have you been waiting long? I was working on your present and I lost track of time, forgive me!" You pleaded, clapping your hands together and lowering your head, shutting your eyes tightly.

Kazuha blinked in surprise at your reaction, "It's alright. I was just waiting for the food to cool off, I haven't been here for too long."

That was a lie. He didn't like lying to you, but in the situation, he felt it was the best course of action. In reality, he'd gotten so excited to see you that he arrived a full hour before he was supposed to leave, which was almost two hours before you were expected to arrive. He would've spent his time doing something else when he realized, but the idea of you showing up early popped into mind and he wanted to be there when you arrived. But at least the part about the food was true.

"Oh, thank god!" You sighed with relief. "Well, how has your birthday been so far?"

"It's been nice, but I haven't done anything..." He said. "I just wanted to spend part of today with you."

You almost squealed because of his pink cheeks as he said that, but you kept your composure, "I would've spent the entire day with you if I knew...!"

"Thank you," he chuckled.

"So... Is the food cooled down?" You queried.

"Yes, it should be."

"Yay!" You cheered, excited to eat his cooking again. Then again, you probably should've made something since it was his birthday.

You tasted the fish once he handed you utensils and the plate. Your tastebuds overwhelmed by the taste of heaven. You'd eat Kazuha's cooking every single day, even if he always made the same thing. It would never get old.

I wanna marry him so bad...

"Y/n?"

"Hm? What is it?"

"You were staring at me... Is something wrong?"

Your face flushed red, "N-No, nothing's wrong! This is really good, thank you!"

"You're welcome," he smiled. "I have a question for you."

"Oh? Go ahead!"

"Can I see my present?"

You giggled at the childish glimmer in his eyes, "Sure, but it's... not that good. Oh! I'll show it to you myself!"

Your heart crashed against your ribcage as your anxieties rose up. You took the small piece of paper our of your pocket and took a deep breath. Kazuha stared at you curiously, wondering what you would say. After clearing your throat, you started.

"You speak with the wind.
Remind me of sunset skies.
Let me be with you."

The poem itself was average, you'd say. But it was what you wanted to tell him. Not all of it, obviously. You could've tried a different style of poetry, but you thought it would only be right to do a haiku since Kazuha seemed to take a special interest in them. You hoped he took a special interest in you, too.

The way the words slipped from your mouth while your eyes closed was mesmerizing to him. He could tell you meant every word, and it made his heart burst.

You hesitantly opened your eyes, "So... what do you think? I would've gotten you something else too, but I was so preoccupied with the poem thing that I-"

You inhaled sharply through your nose as Kazuha hastily slammed his lips onto yours. You quickly returned the affection and he smiled against your lips, causing your lips to turn upward as well.

He pulled away but stayed close, resting his forehead against yours, "It's perfect."

"R-Really? We can go into the harbor and I'll buy you something if you wa-"

He cut you off with another peck on the lips and you felt your face burst into flames, but you didn't say anything else. He chuckled at your flustered state and leaned back, sitting properly at an appropriate distance.

"Can you... Say the words...?" You requested after a minute of silence.

"Hm? What?"

"The words... Y'know, what the kisses meant..."

As he realized what you were implying, he smiled brightly and leaned closer again, with his lips just in front of yours.

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Kazuha."