Roses ❀ Kazuha

┌───────🍁───────┐

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭.

└───────🍁───────┘

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘺: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

❥ 𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘈𝘜

╰──➤ 𝙍𝙊𝙎𝙀𝙎

'Looking in your eyes,
I see a million desires.
You, who stirs my heart.'

I stare at the letter, holding the bouquet of roses in my hand. I've been getting love poems quite often recently, all of them coming with some kind of rose. That's how I know they're all coming from the same person. Also, all the poems are haikus. Honestly, I'm desperate to find out who's sending me these. They're sweet, and I have to wonder if it's someone I talk to frequently.

"More flowers?" 

"Oh, hey, Kazuha! Yeah," I greet.

"Any idea who your secret admirer is?" He questions, glancing at the poem in my hand.

"Not sure," I sigh. "I hope they tell me who they are soon..."

"What'll you do if you find out?" He queries as I put the roses in my locker and we begin heading to class.

"I'll ask them on a date!" I grin.

He doesn't respond, simply staring at the ground. He seems deep in thought, so I decide not to disturb him. I wonder what he's thinking about. Honestly, I've considered that he's been giving me the poems and flowers, but I doubt that he loves me. I don't know why he would.

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

"What are you writing, Kazu?" I query, trying to peek at his notebook.

"Nothing, just notes for the homework later," he says, closing it. He seems alarmed, but he's very skilled at hiding it.

I take a seat beside him in the library, setting my bag on the floor beside me. "Wow, I'm terrible at taking notes."

"How so?"

"I always write a few words, but later I don't get what that means because I forgot. So I have to write full paragraphs but I'm lazy. And I never end up taking notes at all. Heh..."

"I can copy my notes tonight and give them to you in the morning, if you want," he offers.

"Really? That would be amazing! Thank you," I bless. "You're a god."

He blushes at the compliment and looks away nervously. "I wouldn't say that..."

"Well I would, and I did," I beam. "Thanks again."

"You're welcome," he smiles softly, meeting my eyes again. "Oh, and... May I speak with you after classes tomorrow? On the roof?"

"Sure, why?"

"It's a surprise...?" He says in a questioning voice, as if making up an excuse on the spot.

"I'll be there!"

I wonder what he wants to talk about. Or maybe he wants to show me something? Hm...

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

The breeze calms me. I look down below and see the trees shedding their leaves, letting them fall to the ground while groups of familiar faces exit the premises. I wait patiently for Kazuha to arrive, since his class seems to be taking a bit longer than expected. I hold hope in my heart that he'll tell me he's the one who has been giving me flowers. I won't expect anything, though, because that'll only lead to disappointment.

"Sorry I'm late."

I turn around as the breeze pushes my hair, and I see Kazuha exiting the door to the roof. I smile at him.

"It's fine, I wasn't waiting for long."

He approaches me and I can see that he's nervous because of his red face and the fact that he's fiddling with the bottom of his shirt. My hope grows.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask.

He averts his gaze. "Um... Here."

He pulls out a piece of paper and holds it out to me. I take it and my eyes widen as I read the contents. I can barely believe it. My heart bursts and my face goes up in flames.

'Sun and moon rejoice.
Birds of dawn sing songs anew.
Far from home, with you.'

"I-It really is you?" I whisper, looking up at him to see that he's staring down at his feet.

"...Yes."

I almost accidentally knock him over when I jump forward to embrace him. Luckily, he keeps his balance. I can't properly express my happiness, finally finding out that it was Kazuha giving me the flowers and poems. He seems surprised by my actions, but he returns the hug anyway.

"Soooo... Care to go on a date with me?" I grin.

"Of course."