Memory of a Mountain ❀ Chongyun

╒═════════════════✰°

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝...

°✰═════════════════╛

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘦

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘴*𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦

❥ 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘺: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵

╰──➤ 𝙈𝙀𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙔 𝙊𝙁 𝘼 𝙈𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙏𝘼𝙄𝙉

Atop one of the many mountains in Liyue was where a certain boy stood with his older brother, on the date of April 23rd, when he was just twelve years old. That boy was you. You looked over the edge of the cliff in front of you and bit your lip, your nerves breaking down. In theory, it sounded like a good idea, but when you arrived at the top of the mountain, you immediately wanted to go back home. You could feel the spring breeze blow against your cheek, as if warning you to leave.

Your brother turned to you and smiled. "On three, okay? You can do this."

You knew you couldn't do it. Even if you wanted to, there was no way you could jump off that god-awful cliff. But he wanted you to. And you wanted him to be proud of you. That was all you ever wanted. Then again, he couldn't be proud if he was dead too.

"3..."

"2..."

"1."

You took a step forward, while your brother jumped. You intended to push off the rocks and soar through the air, but you changed your mind at the last second. Because of your hesitation, you scraped the backs of your legs as you slipped. Luckily, you were able to grab onto the cliff's edge and pull yourself up before plummeting to your death. Your brother's screams reached your ears and you sat, hugging your legs and hiding your face against your knees. You heard a few pebbles make their way down to where your brother now laid, dead and motionless. The tears flowed effortlessly as you glanced down, catching a glimpse of a dead body. You promised you'd die with him, but in the end, you couldn't go through with it. And so, you decided to live for him instead. 

Five years later, at age seventeen, it was Spring. The season you despised the most. You avoided going outside, fearing that you'd spiral into an uncontrollable panic attack. Though those weren't triggered often, there were times where something would remind you of the day your brother killed himself. The day you were supposed to kill yourself.

"Y/n?" Xingqiu called, letting himself in since the front door was unlocked and you didn't answer. You were just laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Motionless.