𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭 ❀ 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐲𝐮𝐧

╒═════════════════✰°

𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐨𝐡 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐝...

°✰═════════════════╛

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘺: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

❥ 𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦: 𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵: 1110

╰──➤ 𝙑𝘼𝙇𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙎 𝙑𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙏

Being the child of a wealthy family, you were always expected to be perfect. Perfect posture, perfect smile, perfect body, etc. But you didn't have all those things, so you were rarely ever allowed outside. 

But one of the few times you got to leave your mansion for a significant amount of time, you met a boy with icy blue hair and a kind smile. You were 14 at the time, and you remained friends with him for three years. You never would've expected that, considering how little interaction you were permitted to have with people. But the day after you initially met him, he showed up on the tree beside your room, knocking on your window.

So for three years, you kept your best and only friend a secret from your family.

"Hey, Chongyun," you smiled, pushing the window up so he could enter.

"Hey!" He greeted, hopping into your room as quietly as he could. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay," you shrugged. "Just finished with an awkward family dinner. I don't think any of them even noticed I was there."

He sighed, "I wish they would treat you better than that."

"Yeah, but whatever," you said, sitting on the edge of your abnormally large bed. "Anyway, how are you? Have you encountered any spirits?"

He sat beside you and scratched the back of his neck, "Unfortunately, no. I did go up to investigate Wuwang Hill based on some rumors I heard, but it just turned out to be a man trying to scare people."

"You'll find one soon," you patted him on the back. "Don't let it get you down, okay?"

"Thanks, Y/n."

"Of course," you laid your upper body down on the bed and Chongyun did the same.

"Y'know, Valentine's Day is coming up."

"Oh, I forgot about that," you gasped, turning your head to look at him. "Are you going to give anyone chocolates?"

Suddenly, he blushed furiously, making you wonder who he was thinking about.

"I-I was considering it!"

"Do you need a popsicle? You look like you're heating up..."

"I have one with me, don't worry," he said hastily, sitting up and pulling a popsicle out of his jacket. He tore the wrapper off and bit into it.

You cringed, "It hurts to watch you bite them."

"I'm sorry, but it's the most effective way to cool down."

"Well, as long as you're okay."

You suddenly heard footsteps approaching your bedroom and you panicked, bolting upright and jumping to your feet. Chongyun seemed to have the same reaction, hurrying to get under the bed, where he normally hid. Someone knocked on your door and you opened it hesitantly, wearing a stressed smile. It was your sister.

"Mom wants you to come with us into the city."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

"I'm too tired to go out right now," you lied. "Tell her I can't."

"Okay... Also, I thought I heard something fall in here just now. Did something happen?"

"No, no. That was just... me falling off the bed."

"If you say so," she mumbled before walking away, letting you close the door and heave a heavy sigh.

Chongyun crawled out from under the bed and stood up, "I may have dropped my popsicle under your bed... Sorry."

You stifled a laugh, "It's fine, I'll clean it up!"

"I-I can take care of it! I made the mess, after all."

God, talking to you made him so nervous.

"If you insist. I'll get some paper towels."

You left the room and Chongyun sat on your bed, quietly scolding himself for how dumb he probably looked to you. But honestly, all you could think was that he was absolutely adorable.

"If I can't even talk to them normally now, how am I supposed to confess...?"

━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━

Two days passed until you saw Chongyun again. As he climbed the tree with a bag of gifts in hand, he tried gathering as much confidence as possible. He went through the millions of scenarios that could possibly have taken place after he confessed since he wasn't sure how likely it was for you to accept his feelings.

February 14th was always a dreaded day for you. It made you feel more lonely than usual, though you were glad you couldn't go out into the city to see all the couples spending their time together. That would've made it magnificently worse. Every year, Chongyun would spend the day with you, but you were waiting for the day where he didn't show up. You figured this would be the time he finally got together with someone else.

But then he knocked on your window and shot you the sweetest grin that you could almost feel your heart exploding. You rushed to let him in and as usual, he brought a bag of presents for you.

"Hey!"

"Hey," you beamed, unable to contain your excitement. "I thought you would've been out with someone else today."

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, you said you were considering giving someone chocolates, so..." 

"O-Oh! Hm... Even if I did, I wouldn't leave you alone today. I know how upsetting it can be," he said, managing to keep his cool.

"Thank you! So what did you get this time?"

"W-Well... I actually wanted to tell you something first," he stammered, reaching into the bag and grabbing a box of chocolates. "I made the chocolates this time... for you."

"You made them?" You repeated, carefully taking the box from him and holding it as if it were a fragile artifact. "That's very sweet of you, Chongyun... What did you want to tell me?"

He scratched the back of his neck and averted his gaze, a huge blush coating his face, "Um... The truth is I-I..."

"I really like you, Y/n."

He shut his eyes and waited for your response while you stood in shock, wondering if the moment was real. You pinched yourself and winced when you felt the sting of it. Once you confirmed none of it was a fantasy, you leaned forward with an uncontrollable grin and kissed his cheek. His eyes shot open and he finally looked at you, searching your expression. Seeing your happiness, he felt relief wash over him.

"I like you too, Chongyun! Would you be my valentine?" You beamed.

"O-Of course!"