𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 ❀ 𝐊𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚

┌───────🍁───────┐

𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡...

└───────🍁───────┘

—gender neutral reader—fluff—modern au + halloween edition + day five of kazuha week <3—1

gender neutral reader
fluff
modern au + halloween edition + day five of kazuha week <3
1.4k words

「 CANDY HEARTS 

"kazuha, did you eat my candy again!?"

"...maybe."

you groaned and playfully punched him in the arm, earning a dramatic wince from the young boy. your seven year old face scrunched up with frustration as you stared down at the wrappers of what used to be your halloween candy.

"you are so mean," you huffed, turning your head away and slouching down in your chair, which was placed with the dining table in kazuha's home.

"i-i can make it up to you!" kazuha scrambled to search through his bag of candy, panicking at the sight of your genuinely upset expression.

you peeked at him with curiosity, but refused to do more than look at him from the corner of your eye. his hand retreated from the bag with a box of candy hearts and if he'd looked to his side, he would've caught the way your eyes sparkled at the sight as he fumbled to get it open.

he poured some of them in his hand and searched through them to find a specific heart, and once his eyes set on it, he hastily held it up to you. his pleading eyes were too much for you and you surrendered, sighing as you read the message on the heart.

'love you'

you squinted and shifted your gaze from the candy to kazuha, "...fine. i forgive you."

"beidou!"

"yep, what is it?"

"can you zip this up, please?"

beidou stepped into the guest room (which was basically your room) and walked over to you as you stood in front of a full-length mirror, observing your costume from the front with critical eyes. the older woman pulled the zipper until your back was entirely covered and you puffed.

"i miss trick-or-treating," you sighed. "and dressing up as scary monsters to terrify the entire neighborhood."

beidou chuckled, "why don't you go trick-or-treating this year, then?"

"because someone would probably see, and then my class would make fun of me," you mumbled. "plus, i don't wanna go without kazu."

she nodded and slapped her hands down on your shoulders, causing you to flinch, "well, have fun! i'm sure the party won't be all bad."