Sitting In The Rain ❀ Childe

╔═════ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═════╗

𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧...

╚═════ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═════╝

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘍𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

❥ 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘺: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

❥ 𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦: 𝘔𝘰𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘜

╰──➤ 𝙎𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙄𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙉

"He's not coming, is he...?"

Two and a half hours. Two and a half hours you waited, hoping that maybe, just maybe, your date would actually show up. It looked pathetic, for you to be sitting at the park in such rain by yourself. To any outsider, it would look like you were wallowing in your sorrows. To be fair, you were, but not to an extreme extent.

Did I say something to disinterest him...?

You were sure the only way it would be worse would've been if you wore some of your best clothes and actually got dolled up for the occasion, but your fear of overdressing saved you that embarrassment. At that point, you wanted to stay there, unmoving, for the rest of the evening. 

You couldn't go home. If you went to your apartment, you'd be faced with your best friend/roommate, Ajax. He helped you get ready, and even wished you luck for the blind date, which your co-worker set you up on. You wouldn't be able to keep on a strong face in front of him, and you did not want to sob in front of your crush. Yes, he was your crush, yet you were going on a date with someone else. That was only because your co-worker had already told the other guy about the date and you didn't want to be rude or call off, causing any disappointment for him. 

But something told you, after sitting in the rain, that he wouldn't have minded much.

"Y/n?"

Oh no.

You put on your best smile and turned your head to look at him. "Hey, Ajax! What are you doing here?"

His face showed sympathy and concern, despite your best efforts to make everything seem fine. He held the umbrella above you, causing you to notice the lack of rain landing in your hair and all over your outfit. 

"I was wondering where you were, so I came to look for you. I got worried, thinking that guy kidnapped you or worse," he said, taking the place beside you on the bench. "Why are you here all alone? Did something happen?"

Feeling pathetic that you were upset about getting stood up, you weren't sure whether you wanted to tell the truth or not. You debated it in your head for a little while and finally came to an answer. Sighing, you spoke.

"It's kinda the lack of something happening. He didn't show up."

Ajax's expression somewhat morphed into anger. "You waited over two hours for a no-show douchebag?"

"I know, it was stupid of me! I'm sorry I worried you, we can just go home now," you said hastily, worried that he was mad at you.

He realized what you were thinking and quickly put a stop to it. "Y/n, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the idiot who ditched you. He should feel lucky he even got the chance to go out with a girl like you."

"I wouldn't say that-"

"Well I would," he abruptly stood up and turned toward you, still holding the umbrella over your head. It wasn't big enough for both of you so he ended up getting soaked, but he didn't seem to mind.

"Hey, wait, you're gonna get all wet!"

"Well, the rain has already poured over you, so I think it's only appropriate for me to join the party," he grinned, holding his free hand out to you. "Now, I wouldn't want to leave you completely disappointed because of some guy who isn't worth it. So, let's go on a date of our own! What do ya say, girlie?"

You laughed and took his hand, letting him pull you up. "Sure, Ajax."

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

"I don't think I'm dressed for such a fancy restaurant like this, Ajax..."

"I think you look lovely. Besides, we've already got our table. Of course, if you want to go somewhere else, I won't mind."

"No, this is good. I just think we stick out like sore thumbs because of the rain..."

He chuckled and smirked, taking your hand on the tabletop. "And why would you need to worry about that?"

"...I'm not sure."

"Exactly," he smiled. "Besides, anyone who looks at you has to admire your beauty!"

You blushed furiously at his compliment. "S-Shut up..."

He laughed and squeezed your hand. The waitress approached and you both put your orders in. You were still a bit disheartened about getting stood up, despite holding hands with Ajax, but you tried not to show it. You suddenly realized he could've just taken you on a date out of pity. But he wouldn't do that, right? To be honest, your hopes weren't high after what happened before.

"You still look upset, girlie," he said. "What's plaguing your pretty little head? That stupid guy from before?"

"Um... Are you doing this for me because you're pitying me...?" You asked.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows and held your hand even tighter. "I'm doing this because I want to, Y/n. What makes you think otherwise?"

"It's just... With what happened before, I'm not sure if anyone would want to date me..."

He sighed and took his hand off yours to hold your cheek gently, caressing it with his thumb. "You really don't know how much I love you, do you?"

Your eyes widened and your face flared up. He confessed!?

"I-I guess not..." You stammered, failing to hide your growing smile. "But I... I love you too..."

"Hm? What was that?" He smirked, pretending he didn't hear your mumbling.

"Shut up, I know you heard me..."

He pulled his hand back and tapped you on the nose.

"I'll show you how much I love you when we get home," he grinned and winked.

"W-What?!"

"Don't worry about it, girlie~."