Lonely ❀ Ganyu

╭─────༺♡༻─────╮

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲...

╰─────༺♡༻─────╯

~Ganyu x Gender Neutral Reader~

You traveled to the highest cliffs in Liyue, searching for a good sight of the sunset. It was all peace and solitude, which you thoroughly enjoyed, although it did feel a bit lonely. Sometimes, you wished to have a companion with you on your journeys, but you didn't want to bother anyone with the suggestion so you stayed alone. Almost the entire time on the cliffs, there was no one else around. However, there was one person who you found to be quite interesting.

"Hello?" You called, alerting the girl that you were there.

"Who are you?" She demanded, startled by your sudden appearance.

"I'm Y/n," you stated. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"That's alright..." She replied, still seeming cautious.

"Would you mind me joining you?" You asked.

"Hm," she hummed. "Not at all."

You sat beside her on the edge of the cliff and stared at the sky, your thoughts roaming. Eventually, you thought about the girl beside you. What was her name? What did she do for a living? What types of things did she like?

"What's your name?" You questioned.

"Ah, my apologies. I didn't introduce myself," she apologized. "My name is Ganyu."

"That's a very pretty name you have," you complimented with a small smile.

"Thank you."

A gentle breeze blew past and you noticed Ganyu's hair flow with the wind. It was then when you realized just how pretty she was, especially with the setting sun reflecting on her features. The lighting seemed too perfect, as if you were in a romantic scene from a movie. Your face went red and you tried distracting yourself with the sky, pink and gold colors mixing together. 

"Are you alright?" Ganyu asked, concern hidden within her tone.

"Yes, I'm just fine. Don't worry," you answered, not actually sure whether your response was true or not.

She nodded in reply and looked back at the sunset. You had the sudden urge to ask a question, wondering if she had been in the same situation as you. You also realized she had horns on the top of her head, which you didn't take note of before. You had no clue how you didn't see them before, but it made you all the more curious.

"Ganyu," you began. "Would you say you're a lonely person?"

"Oh... Yes," she confirmed. "I'm sure you noticed my horns, and I have them because I'm half-human, half-adeptus. To be perfectly honest, I feel as if I don't belong in either of those worlds. It can get very lonely at times."

"Half-adeptus, huh?" You repeated.

"Yes."

"I see... Well, if you'd like, we could be friends. Maybe things wouldn't be so lonely for either of us," you suggested. "Of course, you don't have to say yes, I was just saying..."

"I think that sounds nice," she smiled softly, taking your breath away.

"I'm glad!" You beamed. "I am a traveler, though, so I won't always be in Liyue, but I'll always come back."

"Well, I suppose that would make meeting you again infinitely more exciting," Ganyu pointed out. "Perhaps I could go on an adventure with you sometime, when I'm not overwhelmed with work."

"I'd like that."

You were excited that even when you went off to other places, you'd finally always have someone to return to. That was all you really wanted.