Epilogue

A/N - Hi Lovelies!  I can't believe we've reached the end.  I will be eternally gratefully to all of you for the amount of love and support you've given me as I've posted this fic.  To me, it was an epic journey, started to help ease my disappointed little heart.  I will post more of my thoughts in a closing note next - so feel free to read it if you're interested.  Thank you to everyone in this community.  Because of you, I've remembered that writing is one of my passions - one that I'd forgotten for many, many years - and never really explored.  I truly hope you've enjoyed my imaginings for Ben and Rey.  I hope this has helped you fall a little more in love with them!

This won't be the last of me.  There will probably be a sequel, but I've got a few other things in mind before that!  As always, please let me know your thoughts and I really appreciate your votes.

I can't say it enough - THANK YOU.

____****____

(three years later)

Rey took a deep breath, relaxing on the sand in the bright, warm sunshine.   She could smell the tang of the water in the air and hear the sound of the waves crashing on the beach.  She'd needed this – they both did.  Life had once again gotten too busy, feeling like they were always rushing through their days with little time to just enjoy being a family.  They'd decided to take a brief vacation to slow down a bit, and to let Soleia experience someplace beautiful that was away from restrictions of the Center.   Someplace where they could all have a little fun.   Rey was glad they'd managed to do it before she got too big to be able to enjoy herself.

Soleia had just turned three, and Rey was now five and a half months pregnant with their second child.  She smiled, remembering Ben's reaction to the news.  He'd been ecstatic when they'd found out about the baby, throwing Soleia into the air and generally yelling in happiness, telling the toddler that she was going to be a big sister.   And that was after he'd kissed Rey into oblivion.  He'd actually figured it out before she did – sensing their son's Force Signature well before Rey had even realized that she was feeling "different" in any way.

Rey had also been thrilled.  They'd decided that it was time for another baby, and therefore Rey wouldn't replace her implant when it was finished.   However, it had barely been past the efficacy date when she'd gotten pregnant.  When they'd thought back and figured out the timing, she'd teased Ben about his potent virility, and he'd just given her a smugly pleased grin.

She had to admit that even though it was busy, life was pretty good.  Never in any of her wildest dreams would she have thought that her life would turn out like this.  She was still one of the lead staff on the First Order's Concilliation Team, and was extremely proud of all the progress that she'd helped make over the past few years.  The galaxy was actually changing – and everyone could see it.  It wasn't exactly peaceful, but it wasn't in complete chaos either.

She'd lost count of the number of planets that had willingly joined the First Order, as well as those who no longer saw them as "evil overseers".  There were still many, many planets that wanted nothing to do with them, but they were no longer generally seen as the terrifying war machine of the past.  Ben was even considering changing their name so that it was less imposing and more inclusive – even semi-democratic.

Rey was unbelievably excited for this next stage – but there were still many details to be worked out before they'd be able to implement it.  However, she knew that change took time.  Regardless, Ben was extremely pleased with all they'd been able to achieve thus far, patiently continuing to move forward with his ideas to shape the galaxy into what would hopefully be a better place.   That in itself was a testament to how far he'd come – patience never having been something he'd possessed when he was younger, and especially not when he was Kylo Ren.

Closing her eyes, she could hear her daughter squeal, and glanced up.   Ben was frolicking with her at the water's edge.   Soleia was chasing him, trying to splash his legs.   Suddenly he turned on her with a feigned roar and she screamed happily, running in the opposite direction till he quickly caught her and scooped her up into his arms.   Rey laughed at the spectacle they made.

The hair on the back of her neck suddenly stood on end as realization dawned on her.  Her vision.  This was her vision when they'd touched hands on Ahch-To all those years ago.  Tears pricked her eyes and the breath shuddered out of her chest.

Feeling her tremulous emotions, Ben walked over and plopped his daughter down next to him to play in the sand.  Leaning closer, he wrapped an arm around her, placing the other hand on her belly.   "What's wrong?"  He whispered in concern.   She shook her head, her throat too tight to speak.   Glancing down at his hand on the swell of her baby bump, he sucked in his breath.  His mind raced - going back to what he'd seen so long ago.

His vision.  This was his vision from when they'd touched hands that night by the firelight.  His breathing stuttered as he looked up into her wide, startled eyes, recognizing that they'd both just had the same realization at almost the exact same time.

Both of their visions had come true – both individually tied to each other's at the same moments in time.  As the gravity of what it all meant cascaded through their thoughts, two things became absolutely clear to them.

First, the Force had bound them together for a reason.   It had a bigger purpose for their family, and based on what Anakin had said, that reason had still not yet been revealed.   Given what they'd just experienced, it probably also involved their children.

And second, to let the Force guide them.  To trust in the Force.   Always.

THE END

May the Force be with you.....