Chapter 28 - The Finalizer

A/N - Hi my Lovelies!  Sorry to have left you hangin' on that cliffhanger for a couple of days.  But I'm back with more.  I think I can call this Part 2 of the story.... but I didn't start out splitting it into 2 parts so won't do it officially.  Maybe I'll go back and do that at some point.  There's much more story to come - so I hope you're enjoying it!  Please comment (I love your reactions and suggestions) and vote if you like it!  Cheers!

____****____

"Beeeennnnnnnn!"  Rey screamed.  She jumped to her feet, wobbling slightly, her head still woozy from the blast.  Running over to where the edge of the balcony used to be, she felt a pair of hands grab her from behind.

"Rey, are you okay?"  Finn screamed.

"Yes, now let me go!"  She tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

"Rey – no!  What are you doing?  There's nothing you can do for them! It's not safe!  The whole edge of the balcony may come down!"  Finn was clearly in a panic.  Poe ran up beside her and grabbed her other arm.

She turned to them and gave a small shove.  "Finn, Poe – Let. Me. Go."  She enunciated.   "We have to help them!"

"It's too late!  Rey, do you know what vertical zone we're on?  Like the 20th  or something! They're gone..."  Finn said gently.  Poe was silent beside her.

Rey growled at him, her anger, panic and recent frustration with Finn finally getting the best of her.  "They're not gone, you idiot!   I can still feel them!   Now for the last time, let me go Finn!"

He just looked at her, before continuing quietly.  "Think Rey.   Maybe its better this way?   Better that Kylo Ren is gone.  We can all start over."

This time, Rey gave him a hard shove with the Force.  "Then why are you even here Finn?  You don't believe in what we're doing, do you?   Did you tell Leia that?"  Her face cleared.  "Gods, Leia – where is she?"  Looking around she told them.  "Go make sure she's okay – we're wasting time!!"  She sprinted away.

Reaching the edge, her gut twisted at what she might see, and terror ran through her veins.  If he was gone, what would she do?  But she didn't think he was – she could still feel him – she was certain of it.  Moving onto her stomach and peering over the side, she could see another terrace two levels below that was covered in rubble.  She breathed a small sigh of relief.  The terraces were tiered in such a way that they got narrower as you went up.  This allowed the lower ones to protrude more so as to get some sunlight too.  In this case, it had caught the debris of their terrace and the First Order officers that were at the now missing table.

Ben!  She reached out to him with her mind.  Ben, can you hear me?  Nothing – no reply.  She had to get down there.   She wasn't sure, but it felt like she couldn't feel him as strongly as before.  Hearing Finn and Poe come up behind her with Leia and Connix she stood up and told them.   "They're trapped beneath the rubble on a terrace a couple of levels below us.  I'm going down there.  Leia, Connix – are you guys ok?"

"We're fine Rey."  Leia responded shakily.  "Just – go!"

"Tell them to bring help to that terrace two levels down!"  Rey shouted, and jumped to the terrace below, using the Force to slow her descent so she landed very softly on the rubble. Reaching out, she listened with her feelings to see if there were any signs of life around her. Taking a deep breath, she realized that she could feel all 4 of them.   They were still alive.  She wasn't sure how that was possible but she knew she didn't have much time to get them out of there.