69 - Aunt Muriel's

The sun peered through the curtains, illuminating the figure sprawled out beside me. His arm was slung across his face, lips parted as quiet snores escaped. I stretched my legs and pulled myself off his bare chest, carefully trying to untangle myself to get ready for my day. It sounded like the rest of the house was awake already.

"Five more minutes." George grumbled, pulling me back down and wrapping both arms tight around me.

"Fine, five." I sighed.

"Didn't think you'd give in that easy...forty five?" He countered with a smirk, his voice thick with sleep. His eyebrows rose as he looked down at me.

Just as I opened my mouth to retort, the door to the bedroom burst open. "Sweet Merlin—George!" Mr. Weasley yelled. "We don't have time for this. Both of you pack your trunks. They've found out Ron isn't really home sick...we need to leave the Burrow." He left the room as quickly as he entered.

George and I both scrambled to get out of bed. I tossed him any bits of his clothing I encountered so that he could go across the hall and pack his own things. My heart was racing. I hadn't really gotten the opportunity to ask any questions and the prospect of not knowing what's going on is killing me.

I used my wand to pack everything quickly, thankful for the extension charm I had placed on my trunk. I nearly forgot to get myself properly dressed for wherever it is we were going. I slipped on a pair of jeans and an olive green henley top, throwing my brown dragon skin coat up my arms before running out into the chaos around me. Fred was helping his dad magic trunks down the stairs while George caught each one and carefully set it into the boot of his dad's old Ford Anglia. I helped Mrs. Weasley pack up a few extra things in the sitting room, including her knitting. She must think we'll be away from home for a long time.

"Alright. That's going to have to be enough. Everyone, in the car!" Mr. Weasley instructed, his eyes scanning the lower floor of the Burrow for anything he could have possibly forgotten.

I followed close behind George as we stepped outside. Everyone seemed to be watchful of our surroundings. If they knew we had lied about Ron, they must know what him and his friends have been up to the last six months.

The car was a little tight with the five of us inside. Fred and George already have a hard time fitting in the back seat as it is, but with me sandwiched in between them it was even more uncomfortable. "How long are we gonna be driving?" Fred grumbled, wiggling in an attempt to get his knees out from the back of the seat in front of him.

"Just down the road..." Mr. Weasley replied, his eyes trained ahead.

"No." His sons both groaned together. "You don't mean?"

"Yes, boys...and you will be on your best behavior for your Aunt Muriel." Their mother scolded. I was suddenly even more sandwiched as both boys spoke up to try and argue with their mother. "Boys. I won't hear any more on this."

The car fell silent, Fred and George slumping on either side of me. "I'm just saying the Death Eaters can't be that bad..." Fred whispered to me.

Mr. Weasley shot him a look through the rear view mirror and I was thankful Mrs. Weasley didn't seem to hear his comment. I bit back my own laugh, focusing my attention to the scenery we passed. I hope Aunt Muriel has a view like the Burrow...or at least something to do outside. Who knows how long we'll be cooped up.

The dirt road transitioned to gravel, until the road smoothened as we drove over asphalt. Mr. Weasley was right, the drive was only ten minutes. When we pulled into a long driveway, we were greeted by a large iron gate. The colonial house in front of us had pristine white siding and scalloped trim. The gardens on either side were very much unlike the ones I was used to. Not a flower seemed out of place. Fred and George did not look nearly as intrigued as I was, both had prominent frowns on their faces.