63 - Interrogations

The Patronus vanished and the crowd began to panic. I clung to George in an attempt to not be run over by the disapparating guests. Indistinct chatter filled the tent as everyone made their escape. In only seconds after our warning, a scream sounded and a swarm of Death Eaters appeared. The tents filled with black billowing smoke as they revealed themselves.

"Go now!" Mr. Weasley shouted, pushing Harry towards where Hermione and Ron were waiting. In an instant the three disapparated safely away to get started on whatever mission Dumbledore had them take.

I stood back to back with George and pulled out my wand, throwing defensive charms at the Death Eaters surrounding us. "Stupefy!" I struck one square in the chest, causing him to fly backwards. Tonks and Lupin were trying their best to place another protective charm but they kept coming.

"There are way too many." Fred mumbled as he moved to my other side. I deflected a spell that was heading right towards him and stunned the Death Eater that threw it.

He's right. There are too many for the few of us to handle. We're outnumbered and caught off guard. Some of the women had made it safely inside as the rest of us continued to fight. Charlie was hit with a stunning spell, knocked off his feet and onto his back as Bill ran to protect him. Mr. Weasley and Lupin were both dueling fiercely, but slowly being pushed towards the center. They all began closing in on the few members of the wedding who hadn't escaped. I felt an invisible force jerk my body away from the two men I was dueling with and I flew backwards.

"Leah!" George yelled as my body collided with one of the cloaked men. The Death Eater held me to him with an arm around my waist and his wand pressed to my throat. I kicked and screamed against him as the tent went eerily silent.

"STOP!!" He held me so close I could smell his putrid breath, a stench that was oddly familiar. "Not another spell or the witch gets it."

"Harm a hair on her head and I'll kill you." George growled.

"All of this hostility over a pretty face." The man tutted, jerking my chin up with the tip of his wand. I recognized him as one of the men I had encountered in Diagon Alley, Travers. He must have recognized me as a smile spread across his unshaven face. "She's just a filthy little Mudblood." He spat with a laugh, yanking my hair some in the process.

George whipped his wand out and made an attempt to lunge at the man. Thankfully, Fred was able to grab a hold of his free arm and hold him back. A now alert Charlie ran forward to help.

"Ooo. So testy." The bearded man laughed, the small group of Death Eaters joining him. His grip on me tightened and I staggered slightly to keep myself upright. "Drop the wand." He demanded, flicking his wand downwards to emphasize what he wanted him to do.

"George." Mr. Weasley warned as he held up a hand to him. "Leave it...drop your wand. It's better for her if you do." He reluctantly dropped his wand to the floor with a clatter, stepping back to where the rest of his family stood. Fred pat his back as he stood beside him once again.

"We don't want to hurt anyone...badly." He laughed, jostling me slightly like he expected me to be in peels of laughter at what he thought was a funny joke. "We just need to get a little information from each of you. If everyone cooperates, no one has to worry about a thing."

He paused for a minute to examine the small group of people before barking orders to the other Death Eaters. "Collect their wands. We'll start out with her." He smiled once again, his hand patting down my waist and towards my hips as if he would find my wand concealed there.

"Oi!! It's over here, asshole." Fred shouted, his face nearly as red as George's as he pointed to the spot where I had accidentally dropped my wand. George was practically seething behind him.