21 - Firewhisky

That evening, the Gryffindors decided to have a little celebration for Harry. There were streamers of red and gold and Dean Thomas had drawn up a few banners depicting Harry on his broom. Lee even snuck in some firewhisky. I'm not really sure where he got it from but no one was asking questions. Everyone was crowded around Harry as he stood in the center of the room lifting his golden egg into the air. He was already getting significantly more attention from the girls...and he is soaking it up.

Fred and George lifted the boy up onto their shoulders effortlessly. They carried him around the room, chanting his name as they passed by all the other students.

"We knew you wouldn't die, Harry

"We knew you wouldn't die, Harry." George grinned up at him.

"Might lose a leg." Fred added.

"Or an arm."

"But pack it in all together?"

"Never!" They exclaimed together as the crowd cheered even louder around them.

The Gryffindors passed the golden egg around before it was given to Seamus. "Come on, Harry. What's the clue?" He tossed the egg up to him as he was still held in the air by the twins.

"Who wants me to open it?" He smiled big at the surrounding crowd. He's turning into quite the little showman. "You want me to open it!?" The crowd cheered loudly as Harry began to pry open the top. An ear piercing screeching noise radiated through the room, even worse than the Fat Lady's singing after she's drank a bit too much with her friend Violet.

Everyone in the room rushed to cover their ears from the insufferable noise. The twins dropped Harry and jammed their fingers in the ears, stepping away from the loud object and joining me a few meters away from Harry.

"Merlin, please shut that off!" I clamped my hands over my own ears. Harry quickly shut the egg and sweet silence returned to the room once again. I'm sure we'll be getting a noise complaint from Filch.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron stepped through the portrait.

I exchanged a look with Fred and George. Ron was awkwardly shifting back and forth from foot to foot. I imagine this is going to be quite the awkward conversation. The two have been arguing ever since Harry's name emerged from that goblet.

"Alright, everyone. Go back to your knitting. This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without you nosey sods listening in." Fred announced.

The twins and I maneuvered to a small corner of the room and away from the awkward conversation that their younger brother and his friend will have to have. "Maybe they'll finally kiss and make up." George teased.

I giggled at his joke when Lee approached us, throwing an arm over my shoulders. "Care for a firewhisky, m'lady?"

"Sure." I laughed and took the cup he held out to me. The twins had a habit of sneaking a bottle of their father's liquor when we were home at the Burrow. I've had firewhisky enough times to know I don't like it, but I'm willing to grin and bear it for the sake of a party.