D R A G O N H I D E

A/N: Hey guys! 

Sorry for not updating sooner, but this one is a long one so drop your socks and grab your crocs, we're about to get wet on this ride. 

Don't forget to vote and leave comments 

ily besties, stay sexy <3 

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

{THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL SCENES, SCENES OF GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND GORE}

After one last kiss on my forehead, my father was gone with a crack. I am left alone in the middle of the large field not knowing where Draco had gone or what I should do. I didn't know what to think— war, how do you prepare for war? How do you ready yourself for something as violent and as dark as a battle to the death— people will die, people, I know and love will die.

I fall into the grass and pull my knees up to my chest, finding myself staring off into the dark and gloomy sky. The grey clouds look dark enough that I thought they would pour down with rain in any second, the wind blew a cold chill making me cling around my knees tighter to encase my heat.

My heart thumped hard in my chest as the scenarios of war come into my mind, the number of people that will be hurt, it pained me to think about it but it was inevitable, I couldn't stop the war, so as my father said— I must prepare for it.

I am the protection. Dad told me that the Order was named after me— I am the Phoenix. I need to protect everyone. My Patronus is a phoenix... I was born to protect.

I was determined— determined to be strong, in my mind and body.

I stand up from the floor and brush the dirt off my jeans before apparating myself back to the flat. I pull my clothes off myself and step into the shower, washing away the sweat and from my body, along with the anxiety that drenched over me. My muscles have never been worked so hard before, I could feel them aching already as the water cascades over my shoulders.

After getting myself clean, I cast the drying spell on my body and hair, before I step out into my bedroom, I wrap a towel loosely around my naked body.

As I open the door, Draco is sitting on my bed gazing at me with his icy eyes. I felt my breath hitch as his eyes met with mine, looking at him sitting on the edge of the bed with his legs spread and his elbows resting on his knees.

"You ok?" he says finally. His eyes were cold, and I couldn't read him. I felt my breath get suck in my throat as the anxiety began to build up in my chest once again.

"Mm-hmm." I stalk towards my dresser to pull out a large t-shirt to sleep in, but Draco quickly stood and sauntered over to me.

"Phoenix—"

Draco's fingers skim along the skin of my arm as his hand wraps around it, goosebumps radiate up my arm and over my shoulder, my splinch scar prickles as the chills coarse over it making me faintly wince.

"I need to protect everyone— people are going to die Draco... I can't lose everyone, I— can't—"

I don't turn to look at him, just continue to keep my gaze on my dresser, my hands wrapping themselves around the edge to attempt to ground myself, but it was too late. My chest began to contract, my heart racing, I felt as if it were going to plummet out of my chest. My breath hitches in my throat as I attempt to silently calm myself— it wasn't working— it was too late, I was shaking.

"Phoenix— you need to breathe," Draco says, placing his hand on my cheek. I didn't realise how cold I was until Draco's warm skin came into contact with mine.