Legend Of The Lost Prince

"Breaking news! The royal prince has been reported missing! It has been three days since the King and Queen have seen their son and they are missing his dearly. As their child and the future of our country, if any citizen gains sighting or knowledge of the whereabouts of Kageyama Tobio then please report to the nearest council building in your district. Thankyou."

This was the news that shook the country of Japan- a mighty evolutionary empire- six years ago. The crown prince Kageyama disappeared without a trace and none of the best investigators in the world could find him. Thank goodness there was an older sister to take up the role of ruler; she did a fine job and the country loved her yet at every gala with the family present there was a gap for the missing prince. 

Over time the country moved on, yet it remained one of the biggest mysteries in Japan. As the years went by there were updated pictures of what Kageyama would look like but eventually they stopped too. Six years was a long time and who knew what had happened to him. The citizens prayed that he was alive still but some cynics made up dramatic theories of kidnapping, ransoms and assassinations...

And now we are six years passed and the new year at Karasuno High is starting. The volleyball club were eager for new members and tried to not be so disheartened at only receiving four applications. They knew they had a legacy to rebuild so hoped the new players would have great ability and capacity to improve.

"Who are the new applicants Daichi?" asked Sugawara Koushi- the vice captain- to the captain Daichi Sawamura.

"They are Hinata Shoyo, Tsukishima Kei, Yamaguchi Tadashi, and Nanase Tobio."

"Tobio? That's an uncommon name."

"I thought so too. I reminds me of something though..."

"Oh, the missing prince?" Asahi Azumane offered as he joined the two other third years in the volleyball club.

"That's it! I wonder what he looks like..."

The first week passed and today was the first day of volleyball practise with the new players. The third and second years were all dressed and stretching in the gym when in walked the four first years. First was Hinata Shoyo- the oldest- who was quite small and sported shocking orange hair. The next was Tsukishima Kei, tall and blonde. Then Yamaguchi Tadashi who looked shy and had olive hair with freckles. And then Nanase Tobio- the youngest- who had jet black hair and grey eyes.

"You're here! That's awesome! Welcome to Karasuno volleyball club!" Daichi welcomed with a warm expression, and the first years all nodded.

"I'm so excited!" Hinata exclaimed and Suga was happy at his enthusiasm.

"Why are you so loud?" Tsukishima questioned as he rolled his eyes.

"At least he's not in the class next door. I can't concentrate." Tobio stated as he smirked Hinata.

"Hey!"

"He's just loud." Yamaguchi mediated.

Soon the first years were all showing off their volleyball skills. Hinata and Yamaguchi were working on basic serves whilst Tsukishima showed his read blocking. Tobio took everyone by surprise at his super-precise setting and strong serve; the third years felt a sense of hope that their team would fly again.

"Where did you learn to play volleyball Nanase?" Asahi asked as they cooled down after practise.

"Um... with my grandfather."

"Oh, where does he live?"

"It's quite a remote area."

"More remote than Miyagi?"