(3)

Florence was still extremely angry with the events of the day before. She slipped on a thin dark blue cotton dress that reached her ankles. Her hair pulled back into two plaits.

Florence looked at her crucifix that was around her neck, her eyes rolling. "Are you not going to school today?" Daniel asked as he waited for her in the door way.

"I'm not, but you are so let's go". She answered as she placed her hands on his shoulder, pushing him out of her room. She grabbed her bag and ran down the stairs.

"I thought you where bailing on us for a second there". Tillie muttered as Florence came out. Florence rolled her eyes and shut the door behind her, locking it for safety measures.

"Flo...I want to warn you the nuns they kept whispering when they brought us back to the school. I think your in the shitter". She said.

Florence gave her a look, which cause Tillie to mouth sorry. "What does shitter mean?" Daniel asked, which caused the two girls to laugh.

"Eddie". Daniel shouted as he ran a head, his arms wrapping around his waist. Eddie smiled as he tapped Daniel's head. "Hello buddie". He muttered.

They walked up to Daniel's school, smiles on their faces. "Right you have a good day, and have a excellent time at Graham's house. I'll see you tomorrow night". Flo whispered as she kissed his head gently.

Daniel nodded and ran off, meeting up with his friends. "I love your brother so much". Tillie whined.

Florence rolled her eyes and hooked arms with her two friends. "We need to go to the shops to get some things". Eddie said.

Florence smiled up at him, her eyes on the sky. "I'm gonna head down to the canal, why don't you both go in and meet me down there?" She asked.

Tillie raised her eyebrow. "You sure?" Florence smiled and nodded her head. "I'll be okay, I promise". She answered.

Florence wrapped her arms around her body and started to walk towards the canal. She looked up, her eyes meeting the Shelby's as they walked past her. Her eyes locked with Finn's and Florence felt like she was in a dream. It was like how she felt when she saw him in the Garrison.

"You not at school today Gypsy girl?" Paul asked, a smirk on his face.

Florence rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face. "I don't think I'd be welcome back after yesterday. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens Monday". She answered.

Paul let out a laugh as he shook his head. "Aren't you a bad girl. So where you off to if not school?" He asked.

"The canal". She answered. Her eyes drifted over to Finn who was leaning on a car, his eyes on her. "Finn your with Isiah and Paul okay?" A voice shouted.

Florence turned her head, her eyes setting on Arthur Shelby. He didn't notice her as he whacked his pocket watch in his hand. Flo turned her head and gave Paul a small smile. "See you around". She said before walking away.

By the time she got to the canal, it had already started to rain. Lucky for the trio there special spot was in a sheltered area. "Here we go". Tillie said as she handed Flo a pack of cigarettes and a bar of chocolate.

Florence smiled up at her, whispering her a thank you. Her back was agaisnt the wall as she inhaled the smoke.

"Let's make a promise". Eddie said after a few minutes of silence. The two girls looked at him, their eyebrows raised.

"Let's promise to be best friends for life". He muttered.

Florence smiled as she wrapped an arm around him, Tillie doing the same. "We promise". They all said at the same time.