(40)

A few days had passed, and Florence was finally starting to get a handle on her new life. She hardly saw any of the Shelby's, Finn had told her they were doing so many jobs for Tommy, so they wouldn't be around that much.

The leader of the Peaky Blinders was in the hospital, so Polly had to take charge. Florence stopped asking what happened after Finn told her she shouldn't get involved.

Florence found herself walking out alone, something she didn't do for a long time. If Finn wasn't there it would be a Peaky Blinder with her, just to make sure she was okay.

Polly told the boys in confidence that she'd still wake up at night, screaming the house down. And sometimes she would would find her rocking herself back and forth, being in a right state.

Florence smiled as she passed people, finally getting to her old self. "Florence". Someone shouted.

Florence turned her head quickly, a wide smile spreading across her face. "Hi, Finn". She said softly. The wind blew her hair, masking it like a tornado. Florence brushed her hair back. "When did you get back?" She asked.

"Just now. You out by yourself?" He responded.

Florence smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah, I didn't want to be stuck in the house all day". She replied. She smiled as a few Peaky Blinder men passed, muttering a hello to her. "What you doing now?" Florence asked, as she looked back at Finn.

"Was coming to see you actually. Want to have a drink with me?" He asked, his hands in his pockets. Florence smiled softly at him, her head nodding. "Yeah sure". She answered.

She followed Finn into the Garrison, the two of them heading into the private room. "What you drinking?" Finn asked as he pulled his coat off, throwing it over a chair.

"A whisky please". Florence answered, as she placed her coat over a chair. She sat down, her hands on her lap. Finn was at the hatch door, giving Micky his order. "Where's the rest of your family?" Florence asked.

"Arthur's gone to see how Tom's getting on, he still hasn't woken up yet but he wants to see him. John's with Esme and I think Pol's out with Michael right now". He answered as he placed the two glasses on the table. He poured Florence a whisky and pushed it her way.

Florence smiled at him and grabbed the glass, her lips clenched together. "Finn, can I ask you something?" She asked.

He nodded his head as he sat beside her. "Where's my father's body?" She asked.

Finn frowned as he downed his drink. He slammed the glass on the table and poured himself another drink. "I don't know, John and Isiah buried him somewhere. We didn't reckon he deserved a proper funeral after what he did to you. Buried him face down too, his hands chopped off so he can go straight to hell where he belongs". He answered.

Florence nodded her head, drinking her drink in one. Finn watched her as she moved closer to him, a small sad smile on her face. He frowned when she wrapped her arms around him, her head resting on his shoulder. "Thank you". She whispered.

Finn wrapped his arm around her, his fingers playing with the ends of her hair. "For what?" He asked. Florence still hugged him, her arms wrapped tightly around him. "For everything. For trying to help me, for actually helping me". She answered.

Finn frowned, unsure of what he should say next. He moved his head to look down at her, a small frown on his face as he moved her hair. His hand cupped her cheek, a small smile on his lips. "Anything for you sweetheart". He whispered.

Florence smiled up at him, leaning upwards to kiss his cheek. Finn's eyes shut as he got a flood of her jasmine scent. When the door opened, he pulled away, his eyes landing on Isiah and Paul.

"Hello Gypsy girl". Paul said loudly, a wide smile on his face.

Florence smiled up at him and let out a little giggle as he kissed her forehead. Isiah sat in beside Finn, giving him a small smile. "You alright?" He asked. Finn nodded his head, his eyes on Florence again as she laughed at something Paul had said.

"How are you carrot top?" Isiah asked, a smile on his face as he looked at Florence. She turned her head to look at him, letting out a laugh. "Hello to you too Isiah. I'm good thank you, how are you?" She asked.

Isiah smirked and nodded his head at Micky as he placed two extra glasses on the table. "I'm very good thank you". He answered, filling up everyone's glasses.

Florence smiled and turned her head to look at Finn, her smile getting bigger as he looked at her. Finn gave her a small smile, his eyes landing on the table. He jumped in time to time with the conversation. He wasn't really in the mood to talk.

"Finn". Paul said, his eyebrow raised.

Finn looked up. "Yeah?" He asked.

"I said me and Isiah are going now. I'll see you tomorrow at noon". He answered, a smile on his face. Finn nodded his head and grabbed the bottle, pouring the last contents into his glass. "Get Micky to bring in another bottle on your way out". He muttered.

Paul rolled his eyes at Florence and smirked. "See you around Gypsy girl". He said, before walking out. Isiah placed a hand on Finn's shoulder and nodded his head. "See you tomorrow". He muttered. He nodded his head at Florence and rushed out.

Florence turned to look at Finn, a small smile on her face. "You okay?" She asked. Finn looked up at her, his head nodding. "Yeah...I'm okay. Are you?" He asked. Florence smiled and nodded her head, watching as Micky brought in the second bottle of whisky.

"Thank you". She said softly. Florence turned to Finn and smirked. "You trying to get me drunk Mr Shelby?" She asked.

Finn snorted, his head shaking. "Don't ever call me Mr Shelby again". He muttered as he poured them a drink. Florence smiled widely, her body turning to face him.

"Why? Everyone else around here has to call you that". She asked.

Finn nodded his head. "Yeah that's everyone else, they do that out of respect. You don't have to". He replied.

Florence smiled, gently nudging him with her arm. "Is this finally Finn admitting that he actually doesn't hate me, and he actually may like me and my company?" She asked.

Finn turned to her, taking a sip from his drink. A smirk appeared on his face as he shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't go that far now sweetheart". He answered.

Florence let out a laugh as she hit his arm. She looked down at the glass in her hand, a smile on her face. "You know Florence, this is the first time in a very long time that I've seen you smile. Maybe it's you who likes my company". He muttered.

Florence turned to look at him, their faces close. "I never said I didn't like your company". She whispered. She smiled softly at him and pulled a face. "At times your bearable, and then other times I would like to strangle you". She teased.

Finn smirked, his eyebrow raised. "I didn't know you were into that type of stuff". He said. Florence let out a laugh as she shook her head. "No Finn, not like that". She responded, her laughter making Finn smile.

"I do enjoy your company....sometimes". He said, his head turning to look at her again.

Florence smiled and took a sip from her drink. "I'll ask again in a years time, and I bet you, you'll say you love my company". She muttered.

Finn smirked and knocked back the rest of his drink. "You're just pushing it now love". He teased.

They spent the rest of the night in the Garrison, and Florence found herself liking Finn even more. The strong emotions she had when she was around him started to come back again. And she found herself liking them.