(36)

There was no need to use the private room, the entire pub was empty minus the group that where in. Tommy, Arthur, John, Michael, Finn, Isiah and Eddie all sat around a table playing cards. The smell of whisky lingered the air, and the smoke fumes caused little clouds to swirl about.

A few seats away was Polly, Ada, Lizzie and Tillie. Whilst the ladies gossiped, the men joked.

They all looked up as the doors burst open, there eyes on Flo. It was like something from a horror movie. She was drenched because of the rain, her dress was covered in mud and blood. Her knees where all cut, and her neck bruised.

A trail of blood was coming down from her mouth, her lip split open. Florence only had eyes on one Shelby.

"Flo?" Tillie asked as she stood up, her eyes going wide.

"You". She cried as she pointed her finger at Arthur. "You". She screamed as she rushed towards him. Tommy and John both stood up, grabbing her arms.

"No". She screamed as she kicked her legs, trying to get out of there grasp. Florence kicked John's chair, causing it to turn to its side, the loud bang making some jump.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" John shouted, grabbing her arm from Tommy and holding her tight. Florence struggled in his grasp, her screams and shouts loud.

Tommy shook his head at his brother, and grabbed Flo from John. "What's happened? Who's blood is this?" He asked softly.

Flo looked at him, tears streaming down her face. "I'm in so much trouble. I'm going to hang for this". She cried.

"Shhhhh your not going to hang. What's happened?" He asked again.

She looked up at him, her eyes wide with anger. "Your fucking brother that's what". She screamed.

"Finn what have you done now?" John asked as a joke. He let out a string of curses as Flo stomped down on his foot.

"You fucking dickhead". Flo screamed as she went for Arthur again. Tommy stopped her, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Stop it now". He whispered in her ear. She shook her head, trashing against his body as she cried. She eventually stopped, her body shaking with fits of tears.

Polly raised her eyebrow at the young girl and grabbed the extra glass, pouring her a drink.

"I'm going to hang for what I did. I'm going to hang". Flo cried, her eyes clenching shut. "He's going to be all alone....Daniel's going to have no one".

Tommy gently shushed her as he  led her to a chair and placed the drink in front of her. Flo shook her head at the drink, which caused John to roll his eyes as he forced the drink in her hand.

She took a sip, her eyes tearing up again.

"Florence. Who's blood is that on you? Is it yours?" Tommy asked as he sat back down.

Flo looked at her glass, her head shaking.

"Is it someone else's?" He asked.

Tillie and Eddie both moved to kneel beside her, there hands on her thigh. Flo nodded her head at his answer.

"Florence....what happened". Tillie asked. "Who...who's done this to you?" Her eyes found Eddie as they looked at each other in worry.

"Did....did my brother attack you?" Eddie asked.

Florence shook her head at there questions, her eyes on Arthur. "Did you know?" She asked.

Arthur looked at his family, a frown on his face.

"You know, I always thought you where the bad ones. That every story I heard about you was true. That you where the monsters. I should hate you all....but I don't. This entire time I was living with a monster". She whispered.

"I fucking knew it, I'm going to kill him". Finn spat as he stood up. Isiah nodded his head, standing up beside his best friend.

"Did you know he killed my mother when he caught you two in bed?" She asked. Her question stopped everyone in there tracks.

Arthur's face dropped as he looked at Flo. The whole room was quiet.

"What?" Arthur asked.

"He killed her because she was sleeping with you. He killed my mum and told me she ran away because she didn't love me anymore. He killed her and he was going to kill me. I swear, it was a accident. I picked up the knife. I had no idea I was going to kill him. I couldn't stop myself, I was so scared". She cried.

The room was silent again, know one saying anything. Simultaneously Finn and Isaiah dropped back down into there chairs. "Am I in trouble?" She asked.

"Of course not Flo. Oh baby I'm so sorry. I should of helped you. I knew you weren't tripping over all the time. I'm so sorry I took my pride and hurt more". Tillie cried as she pulled her in for a deep hug. Flo cried out in pain as she did so.

Tillie pulled away, a small frown on her face.

"Right. Ada, Tillie come with me into the private room and help her". Polly said.

She turned her head to look at her nephews. "Someone get to the Boswell home and get rid of his body. This girl isn't going to hang because of that man".

John stood up nodding his head, Isiah following him.

Arthur sat in shock, a frown on his face. The news had hit him hard, really hard.

Inside the private room, the door was shut. Polly turned and looked at Flo. "Take of your dress". She said.

Flo looked at Polly, then Ada, then Lizzie and the Tillie. "It's okay Flo. I have that big coat, you can have that after". Tillie whispered.

Flo nodded her head, and pulled of her dress. Her eyes shut immediately as she heard the gasps from Tillie, Ada and Lizzie.

Bruises where all over her body, as well as scars from the belt hits. Polly's jaw twitched as she left the room. Her back was against the door for a moment.

She snatched the bottle of whisky from the table and took a large swig. "Thank the heavens that man is dead because I would kill him myself". She whispered.

She looked at Tommy, then Finn and then Arthur. "He has been hitting that girl for ages. Her body is all bruised. If anyone asks, he ran off. Left her and the brother. I want her to move in with me. I have enough room for her and her brother". She said.

They turned there heads as Arthur stood up. "Arthur no". Tommy said as he stood up. They followed there brother as he made his way towards the private room.

He opened the door, only wanting to talk to Flo. To apologise to her for him being the reason her mother was dead.

The three Shelby brothers stopped dead in there tracks as they looked at the state of Flo's body.

Arthur shook his head, tears in his eyes as he punched the door before rushing out.