(26)

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

The first thing Florence did when she woke up the next morning was throw up. Her body was ice cold, her head spinning. She flushed the toilet and stood up, her eyes landing on the mirror in front of her.

Last night was a haze. She remembered taking the drugs from Patrick, but she couldn't remember anything after that.

Florence wrapped her arms around her body as she left the bathroom, her eyes landing on her father as he walked towards the bathroom.

"Move". He snapped as he pushed her away.

Florence glared at the bathroom door as it slammed shut. She rushed to her bedroom, and quickly got changed, her eyes landing on Patrick's card.

Flo bit her lip anxiously as she looked down at it, pocketing the card in case she changed her mind later.

Florence left the house before her father was done with the bathroom. She walked down the street, her fingers running through her hair.

Florence looked around, unsure of why she was so nervous. She hid in a corner when she heard a familiar laugh, her eyes on Tillie as she walked down the street. Eddie, Isiah and Finn walked with her.

She made sure they were gone before she stepped out, her eyes on her friends as they walked off. Images from the night before flooded Flo's head. She shook her head and continued onwards, her hands slipping into her coat.

Flo pulled out the card, her eyes landing on the address. She bit at the dead skin on the side of her thumb, her heart racing.

"Flo". Daniel shouted as he came running towards her.

Florence smiled and put the card into her pocket. She wrapped her arms around her brother, holding his tight. "Hello, buddy". She whispered.

Charlotte smiled when she looked at the younger girl, her arm wrapped around her son Graham.

"Guess where we're going". Daniel said, a wide smile on his face.

"Where?" Florence asked, smiling softly.

"The museum, and then...and then we're getting ice cream". He answered.

"You're more than welcome to join us, dear". Charlotte said, a warm smile on her face.

Florence stood up, her eyes going soft. "I'd love to, but I've already made plans with....my friends today. But thank you for the offer". She replied.

Charlotte smiled, seemingly believing Florence's lie. "Well you have a good day dear, and I'll see you tomorrow when I drop this one back home". She said.

"Thank you...once again for having him". Flo whispered.

"Of course he's always welcome and so are you". Charlotte said. She kissed her on the cheek, and with that, they were gone.

Flo sighed and raked her fingers through her hair. She rushed to where Patrick lived and banged on the door. A few seconds later, a tired-looking Patrick opened the door. He looked Florence up and down, a small smirk forming on his face. "Oh hello, darling". He said.

"That offer....does it still stand?" She asked, her clammy hands clenched together.

He looked at her for a moment, the smirk soon turned to a smile, which spread across his face. "Yeah...come on in sweetheart". He answered.

He brought Flo to the sitting room, and walked away. She watched as he pushed away a cupboard, a small door was revealed. Once the door was unlocked he pulled out a box.