(5)

Florence did get sick in the end. She had the worst cold ever, which turned into a fever. That meant no school and no work. Even though her fever was nearly gone, it didn't stop her father from making her do work around the house.

"Here we go". Bartley said, handing over a list. Florence looked down at it, sniffing slightly. "Oh come on child it was a little cold". He said, a laugh escaping his lips.

Florence looked up at him, a small frown on her face. She grabbed her coat and struggled to put it on. Her hand grabbed the sack of coins, her heart beating running fast.

"A little cold". Her father's words ran through her head. She nearly died and was extremely lucky to be helped by the doctors.

Florence wrapped her arms around her body, coughing loudly as she walked. Florence shivered as she pushed the door open, a small smile on her face as she nodded at the owner of the shop.

She looked at the list and placed it in her basket. Florence smiled up at the man and paid him, her hands shaking as she handed over the money.

Once she was outside, her hand reaching for the wall as she started to cough. Her shopping bag fell to the ground, her hand on her chest.

Florence jumped as someone grabbed her, helping her stand. She looked up, her eyes going soft as Arthur Shelby stood behind her. "You okay love?" He asked.

Florence nodded her head, her hand reaching for the shopping. "Come on love let's get a drink down you". He whispered.

Florence shook her head. "I...I need to get dinner ready Mr Shelby. But...thank you". She muttered.

Arthur wrapped her arm around his neck, his other hand grabbing her shopping. "I'll walk you back". He said.

Florence smiled at him, her head resting on his shoulder. "I....I don't want you catching my cold". She whispered.

Arthur looked down at Florence, a small smile on his face. "I won't and if I do, it will pass. I'm a big man". He said, causing Florence to laugh.

Arthur looked up at Florence's house and sighed slightly. "Right then you take care". He muttered. Florence looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you for looking after me Mr Shelby". She whispered, opening the door and stepping into the house. She gave him one last smile before shutting the door.

After dinner was made and the washing up was done, Florence needed her bed. She gave Daniel a small kiss on the head as she tucked him in, wishing him a good night.

Florence struggled to get into her own room, her body collapsing on the bed as her eyes shut. She slept for hours and it wasn't until she felt someone tugging at her hand that her eyes shot open. "Hi". She whispered at Daniel, her hand running through her hair.

"Hey...I'm ready for school". He whispered.

Florence frowned, her head turning to look at the small clock in her room. "Shit". She muttered. "Right give me two minutes okay?" She asked.

Daniel smiled and rushed out of the room, leaving Florence to let out a loud sigh. She peeled off her clothes from the day before, placing on new undergarments and a new dress.

Florence placed a cardigan on and then her massive coat. Her body was still cold, even if it was a hot day. Daniel held onto Florence's hand, chattering away. Florence listened, letting out some soft hums.

"Have a good day". Florence whispered, watching her brother rush away.

Florence wrapped her arms around her body, coughing as she walked. Her eyes shut as she tried to breathe in the air.

"Gypsy girl".

Florence turned her head and looked at Paul, a small smile on her face. Finn and Isiah were with him. Finn looked at her, his eyes going soft.

"You coming in for a drink?" Paul asked, pointing up to the building behind Florence. She frowned and turned her head, her eyes on the garrison. Paul rushed in, whilst Isiah strolled in sending Florence a wink.

"Didn't I say you were going to get sick". Finn muttered.

Florence coughed, her hand rubbing her chest. "I didn't know you were a doctor, Mr Shelby". She muttered. She frowned, slightly swaying.

"Hey". Finn whispered as he caught her arms. He looked at her, a small frown on his face. "Let's get you home". He muttered.

Florence held onto Finn as he opened the door to his car. He helped her in, pulling her seat belt over her. He stopped for a moment, looking at her face. Her eyes were shut, her breathing soft.

Finn shut the door and entered the pub. He pushed the doors open and looked at Isiah and Paul. "Where's Gypsy girl?" Paul asked, a smile on his face as Isiah pushed him a drink.

"I'm taking her home". He muttered.

Paul looked up at him with a small frown, watching as his friend pushed his way out of the pub.

Finn slid into the car, and pulled off. He knew where Florence lived, it was just at the edge of the start of the gypsy area. A place where the Lee's all lived. He turned his head to look at her, his head shaking.

He pulled up outside her house, opening the door. He lifted Florence up in his arms, walking to her house. He tried the handle, his head shaking as it was open.

The house was nice and small, extremely tidy. Finn knew that it was Florence who kept the house in check. He carried her up to her room and pushed the door open.

Finn pulled off her coat and shoes, throwing her cover over her. Florence turned in her bed, her breathing softly.

Finn frowned before storming out of the house. He didn't even know this girl and she was making him feel all these feelings. He knew from now on he needed to keep his distance.