(45)

Polly insisted that she brought Flo and Daniel with her to Tommy's house. She claimed the two were family now and they had a right to be there.

"Why don't you stay in here with Daniel and Charles, and when we have finished our little meeting, we can go and look at the horses? I'll fill you in on everything then". Polly said.

Tommy had forbidden Florence to anywhere near the family meeting, and if they had all known what was going to happen they wouldn't have turned up themselves.

Flo smiled and nodded her head, looking down at the book Daniel handed her. Charles was curled up beside her, hitting the book with his hand.

Flo opened up the book and cleared her throat. "You both ready?" She asked.

They both nodded, cuddling into her even more. She had only met Charles five minutes ago, but it felt like she had known him for ages. Flo read to the two boys, stopping every once and a while when she heard arguing.

She did hear Tommy shouting at Polly, asking her why did she bring herself and Daniel. It went silent after Polly's answer.

"What does...what does that mean?" Charles asked, pointing at the book.

Flo smiled and answered his question, smiling when she saw his face lighting up.

"WE WILL FUCKING HANG".

Flo frowned when she heard John shout loudly. "What's happening?" Daniel asked, his eyes wide. Flo jumped when she heard a loud banging noise. "Stay here okay". She whispered as she got up.

Flo opened the door and stepped out, her hand going over her mouth as she watched the Shelby family be arrested.

Two officers had John against the wall, trying their best to restrain him. Arthur was being held down too, whilst Michael stood there with a look of confusion on his face as he was being dragged away.

When John saw that his aunt was being arrested, he attempted to kick at the officers, only to be held down by more.

"What's happening?" Flo asked as she stepped out even more.

Charlie grabbed her, pulling her away from the commotion. "It's okay love, don't look". He whispered, as he turned her head. Flo shook her head and went to reach out to Polly. One of the officers shoved her away, her back hitting the wall.

Polly looked at her with sad eyes, and attempted to give her a small smile before getting dragged out of the house.

Tommy stood in the doorway, his jaw tightened as he watched his two brothers, his aunt and cousin be thrown into the back of the black van.

"What the fuck was that about Tom?" Charlie asked as Tommy shut the door.

"As I said, the people we crossed know people". He answered. He cleared his throat and turned around, his eyes landing on Flo. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to see that". He muttered, as he walked into the room where Charles was. A few seconds later, Tommy walked out with his hand on Daniel's back. Daniel smiled widely when he saw Curly, quickly running up to him.

Flo frowned and looked up at Charlie. "What happened? Why were they arrested?" She asked.

Charlie grabbed her face, and gently tried to calm her down. "I can't explain what's happened Flo, there's too much, and I can't let you have those things on your mind. Tom....he'll get them out". He answered.

They turned their head as a door opened, Finn was storming out with Isiah and Ada following him. "Finn...Finn calm down". Ada said, as she watched her brother pull open the door to where Tommy was.

The door slammed shut, and all that could be heard was Finn shouting.

"Hey Flo, how are you feeling?" Isiah asked.

Flo frowned, unsure of her answer. She just watched people get arrested, and she felt that it was for something bad. "I'm...I'm okay". She whispered. She held her hand out for Daniel to take.

"Come on Dan". She whispered.

"Flo where are you going?" Isiah asked.

"I need to get out of here. This is a family thing". She answered as they walked out of Tommy's estate. A few seconds later Finn came storming out of the house and got into his car. His eyes found hers for a moment, before driving off.

"Where are we going?" Daniel asked.

"Home". Flo answered, a sad look on her face.

Flo frowned when she saw Finn's car parked on the side of the road, his arm hanging out the side. As she was walking by, she heard him say her name.

"You need a lift? You'll be walking for ages". He muttered.

Flo nodded and placed her hand on Daniel's back. He got into the back, whilst Flo got into the front. She turned her head to look at him her eyes soft. "Are....are you okay?" Flo asked

Finn scoffed and started the car, driving fast. Flo took that as a no, and decided against questioning him even more.

"Can I stay with Graham tonight?" Daniel asked from the back.

Flo turned to look at him and smiled. "Gotta ask him mum first Dan". She answered.

Finn dropped them at Charlotte's house, his eyes on Flo as she knocked on the door. A few seconds later the door opened.

"He asking to stay over?" She asked, a smile on her face.

Flo smiled softly. "If that's okay with you". She replied.

"Of course it is. In you go". Charlotte said to Daniel as she ruffled his hair. When he was out of sight, Charlotte pulled Flo in for a hug.

"I heard your father left you both, I'm so sorry Florence. If you need anything, and I mean anything at all you know where I am". She whispered.

Flo smiled and held onto Charlotte. "Thank you". She whispered back. Flo took a step back and smiled. "I just have some things to sort out, thank you for having him Charlotte".

"Anytime. Your family, always know that. Take care of yourself, angel". Charlotte said.

Flo nodded and turned around, her eyes landing on Finn. She walked up to the car and smiled softly. "Thank you for the lift Finn". She softly spoke.

Finn nodded his head, his eyes drifting towards the Garrison. "I'm in the mood for a drink. You want one?" He asked, turning his head to look at her. Flo found herself nodding her head, as she watched Finn her out of the car. He locked the door and placed his hand on her back, leading her towards the pub.

Whilst they walked, Flo thought this could end out with two scenarios.

A good scenario.

Or a bad scenario.