(27)

The stench of smoke and alcohol flooded the room as Florence stepped inside. So long was the nice clean room she had been in a few hours prior.

"Hello again". A man said as he walked past, his hand rubbing her head. He flopped down on the sofa, grabbing a cigarette from his friend. Florence looked around the room, some were drinking and some were partaking in drug use.

A hand was placed over Florence's small back, as she was led to a chair. "Here we go". Patrick said as he handed her a drink. He grabbed her chin, lifting her head up. "You did some didn't you? How was it?" He asked.

Florence nodded her head. "It was good". She whispered.

Patrick smiled at her response, his head nodding. "Good girl". He muttered before walking away.

Florence looked down at her drink, before knocking the whole thing back. A hand was placed over her's, which made her turn her head. "Everyone calls me Blue". He said, a smile on his face.

Florence frowned, her eyebrow raised. "Blue?" She asked.

"Yeah it's a long story, I'll tell you another day. But here we go. You look like you need it". He muttered as he passed her a bottle. Florence smiled at him, as she unscrewed the lid.

She took a large swig, hoping that all her memories and feelings would disappear for the night.

As the night progressed Florence drank much more than she should of, and did drugs that she definitely should not have done.

She found out that Patrick was twenty years old, and his parents were quite well off. They of course didn't know about his drug use, or the fact he was selling from his own home.

Florence let out a laugh as one of the men told a funny story, her head resting on Patrick's shoulder. She took another swig from her bottle, unsure if this was the same one or a second bottle. Her head was getting fazed.

"Should we go to the pub and get more alcohol? We're running out". Someone said.

Florence didn't reply, instead Patrick grabbed her hand and pulled her out into the night. She knew deep down, that this was wrong. Anyone would warn her to not even sit with these men, let alone drink with them.

A sixteen year old girl, acting like she was some queen. Like royalty, but in reality she was still a little girl.

The doors to The Garrison where pushed open, and the warning from her father left her head completely.

"You go sit with the others okay beautiful". Patrick said as he kissed her forehead, which caused Florence to blush. She sat down, wrapping her arms around her body.

"You okay?" Blue asked as he sat down beside her. Florence smiled and nodded her head. She finally found out the reason to his name. Anytime it was cold his lips would go blue, something about his father leaving him out in the snow and rain when he was a kid.

Patrick soon returned and the table was soon full with drinks. Florence for once felt like she belonged somewhere.

All these men either had a similar background to her, all of them trying to find a way to escape.

Patrick threw his arm around Florence, a smile on his face as he listened to a story Blue told. Florence dipped her drink, letting out a soft laugh.

Her eyes looked up at the door as they shut. The Shelby family walked in, there eyes scanning the pub. A set of blue eyes found her, and she could see the anger and fury behind them.