(53)

Flo walked into the Garrison and smiled when she saw Tommy and the Peaky Blinder men all sitting down. Tommy looked up, a small smile on his face.

"Hello, Florence". He said, his glasses sitting perfectly on his face.

Flo walked towards him, a small smile on her face. "Hi, Tommy". She whispered. Flo turned her head, her eyes catching Finn's, a small smile spreading across her face as she did so.

He gave her a small smile before turning his head to listen to Isiah. "Want to sit with me?" Tommy asked. Florence turned her head, a small smile on her face.

"How's your day been?" He asked as he read the paper.

Florence clasped her hands under the table. "It was good thank you. Didn't get up to much. How was your day?" She replied.

Tommy nodded as he turned the page. "It was good, sorted out what I needed to do". He muttered.

Florence smiled as a drink was placed in front of her, her eyes peering around the room. She found Paul's, a small smile spread across her face as he pulled a face.

"So how are you and my brother getting on?" Tommy asked.

Florence frowned, her head turning to look at him. "What?" She asked.

Tommy placed his paper down on the table, his eyes peering into her soul. "I can see two people in love". He answered.

Florence went to open her mouth, a small frown on her face. "I....I don't know what you're talking about". She whispered as she took a sip from her drink.

"Sure you don't. This morning he kept looking at you, and he took a while to come back from showing you a car. And when he did, he had a massive smile on his face. And tonight, the moment you walked in his eyes were on you. So yes, you know. What happened? Did you kiss?" He asked.

Florence's face flushed, her head dropping slightly.

"I mean...I might have warned you to not get involved with my family, but that's gone out the window so I might as well call you my sister in law". Tommy muttered, the tiniest smirk on his face.

Florence smiled at him, her head shaking slightly.

"If it's any consolation, you'll be my favourite sister in law". He whispered.

Florence let out a laugh as she finished her drink, her eyes finding Finn's. She gave him a loving smile, before her cheeks went red again.

Florence played with the hem on her dress, her leg shaking. Her head lifted up as she felt someone sitting beside her.

"Hello, stranger". Finn whispered.

He grabbed the bottle of whisky and poured them both a drink. "Hello". Florence whispered back.

Tommy looked at the two of them, his eyes rolling slightly as he picked up his paper.

"How was your day?" Finn asked.

"It was good thank you. How was yours?" Florence asked.

Finn smiled as he grabbed her hand under the table. "It was....okay". He answered, his eyes peering down to her lips.

Florence smiled as she gave his hand a small squeeze. "Did you miss me?" She asked.

Finn looked up at the ceiling for a moment, his eyebrow raised slightly. "Not really". He answered. He turned his head to look at her, his smile getting wider.

Florence rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face.

"Hello, you two". Isiah shouted as he sat beside Finn, his eyes looking down at their hands. He smiled as he took a sip from his drink. "How's my girl doing?" He asked.

"Tillie is good". Florence asked, her smile getting wider.

Isiah smiled as he pulled out a box from his pocket. "Take a look at this and let me know what you think". He muttered.

Florence frowned as she let go of Finn's hand, her hand grabbing the small box. When she flicked the box open, her eyes widened. "Isiah....she's going to love it". Florence whispered.

He smiled as he turned his head to look at Finn. "You know for a fact you're my best man". He muttered.

Finn rolled his eyes, a small smile on his face. "She has to say yes first mate". Florence turned her head at Finn's comment, a wide smile on her face.

As Finn and Isiah argued, Florence sat there with a small smile on her face. Maybe things were finally working out.