(68)

The past couple of days Florence hardly saw any of the Shelby family. Even though Tommy had moved them back to Small Heath, there wasn't much interaction. Florence understood, with an upcoming war they had to have their heads in the game.

Florence looked down at the picture that Tommy had given her. A pitcure of Changretta. He came and visited Tommy, and he wanted everyone to know what he looked like and the people he was travelling with.

Florence smiled as she looked down at the drawings that Daniel and Charles were doing. "They're very good". She whispered, her hands resting on their shoulders. The two boys looked up at her with wide smiles before continuing their work.

Florence frowned when she heard a gunshot coming from next door and she could only think of the worst thing. "Right why don't you two run upstairs and do what we practised if any bad men come around. You only come out when I or any of the others say so okay". She said.

Florence watched as they ran up the stairs, hand in hand. She turned her head as Tommy rushed in. "It came from Arthur's". She whispered. He nodded his head moving to the door. "I want you to stay in here okay". He muttered, before leaving.

Flo wrapped her arms around her body, her eyes on the door. She bit away at the dead skin on her lip, waiting for one of them to return.

A few minutes had passed and Florence made her way into the kitchen, pouring herself a water. As she took a small sip, she froze. The sound of the front door opening, and shutting made her turn around. She waited for a second, seeing if anyone called out. Tommy always said that he would shout out it was him, but this time he didn't.

Florence placed her glass down, her eyes on the kitchen entrance. She picked up the closest thing to her, which was a pan as she slowly made her way towards the door. She let out a scream as someone turned the corner, their hand shooting up to grab her wrist.

"What the fuck Flo?" Finn asked, his eyes wide.

"I...I didn't know it was you. Why didn't you say something?" Florence responded. Finn rolled his eyes, using his other hand to grab the pan out of her hand. "You were the one sneaking around". She snapped as she sent him a glare.

Finn let go of her hand, his eyes rolling. "I'd like to see you actually try and hit me with that". He said.

Florence gave him another glare. "Don't tempt me". She muttered. She walked back to the counter, grabbing her glass. "What happened? Is everyone okay?" She asked.

Finn nodded his head, his back now leaning against the wall. "Yeah....it was Arthur. He fired the bullet". He answered.

Florence nodded, her eyes on the ground. This was the first time they saw each other since the funeral, and both of them didn't know what to say to the other.

"Tommy wants to know if you will help out in the shop today. Lizzie and Polly will go over whatever they want to do. I think...cause you know your smart they may need you going over the books or something". He said.

Florence nodded her head, placing her glass down. "Yeah okay, gets me out of the house for a bit". She replied. She turned her back to him, washing her glass.

Finn looked at her, his lips pressed together. At that moment he felt guilty, extremely guilty. But he knew if he told Florence the truth, she would never look at him again, or talk to him.

Florence turned around to look at him, their eyes meeting once more. "What time?" She asked.

"About now, Lizzie will already be there". He answered.

Florence nodded her head and grabbed her coat, pulling her arms through the sleeves. "I can walk you if you like?" He asked. Florence turned her head to look at him, her head shaking slightly. "It's okay, I know the way". She answered. She gave him a small smile before walking out.

Finn's jaw twitched as he watched her walk away, his hands running through his hair. He turned around quickly as the back door opened, a small sigh escaping his lips as Isiah and Paul walked in.

"Hey". He muttered, as he grabbed a glass. His two friends watched as he poured himself a large whisky.

"You okay?" Isiah asked as he sat down.

"Boy's it's okay you can come down now". They heard Florence shout. Finn sighed as he turned his head, his eyes catching Florence as she stood at the bottom step.

Finn nodded his head as he knocked back his drink, the glass slamming down on the table. Florence frowned her head turning to look at him for a moment. She looked up, a small smile on her face as she waved at Isiah and Paul.

"Hello". Florence gasped as Daniel and Charlies wrapped there arms around her. She let out a little laugh as she brought them back to the table, kneeling down to talk to them in a hushed tone.

"Have you told her?" Paul asked, his voice low in case Florence had heard him.

Finn sat down, his hands clenched. "No". He answered.

They all looked up as Florence walked in. "See you all later". She said softly, her eyes finding Finn's once more. She turned around and they knew she left when the front door was slammed shut.

Isiah and Paul looked at each other for a moment, before looking back at their friend. "You should, you know she will find out eventually. And if Tillie and Eddie find out first, you know they will tell her". Isiah said softly.

"Don't you think I know that, I know"? He muttered, as he poured himself another drink.

He knew they weren't together anymore, and he knew they had no real loyalties to each other. But he still felt guilty, he still felt bad. He didn't know how to tell Florence that he lost his virginity, and to a prostitute.

He just wished she would find out from him before anyone else.

(I know that the women in the shop got Finn to loose his Virgnity but for the story i thought I would change it up a little bit)