(74)

Florence watched as Daniel and Charles played, a small smile on her face. She looked back down to her book, her tea in one hand, the other to flip the page. Tommy was off working, and from the hushed conversation she heard in the kitchen Arthur and Finn went to check out Artillery square. Now that Mrs Ross had packed up her stuff and taken her children, Arthur decided it was best to take over the house for the Peaky Blinders.

The door opened and Florence looked up, a small smile on her face. "Oh hello, Tommy isn't here right now". She said softly.

"I know, I'm here for you actually. I have a driver outside, waiting to bring the boys to Polly's house". Ada said, her hands clasped togehter.

Florence shut her book, a small frown on her face. "Oh okay". She muttered. She stood up and walked over to the two boys. "Okay Daniel, will you help Charles put on his coat and shoes for me. Your going to see Polly". She whispered, a smile on her face.

"Will Michael be there?" Daniel asked, his smile wide.

"No..not at the moment he won't. But you can bring some of your toys with you, so you can continue playing". She answered.

Daniel nodded as he stood up. "Come on Charles". He said, his hand out for the younger boy to grab.

Florence turned to look at Ada, a small smile on her face. They had talked often, but they weren't close. Florence admired Ada, thinking the way she spoke and her views where admiring. "Where are we going?" Florence asked.

"To see Jessie Eden". Ada answered.

"The union covener that's protesting for women's right's in the factories?" Florence asked.

Ada nodded her head, a small smile on her face. "That's the one. I need to see her, and I thought I'd bring you along. Seeing how close you are to my brother's, I thought we could do something together, possibly have a drink afterwards". Ada replied.

Florence smiled as she pulled on her boots. "I'd love to". Florence whispered. She turned her head to look at Daniel and Charles. "Okay you both ready?" She asked. They both nodded there heads up at her, smiles on there faces. They brought the boys outside and helped them into the car.

"You ready?" Ada asked. Florence nodded her head as she pulled on her coat, ensuring that the door was locked behind her. The two women got into Ada's car, the driver nodding at the two women as he started to drive. Florence hands where placed on her lap as she looked out the window.

"So how have you been?" Ada asked, her voice soft.

Florence turned to look at her, a small smile on her face. "I'm okay. How are you? I know it's a stupid question..with everything going on at the moment". Florence replied. She shut her mouth, regretting even asking the question.

Ada gave her a small nod, her eyes on her lap for a moment. "I'm okay, I think I'm use to it now...the knowing thought in the back of my head that one day we will have someone who will ruin us. But a man like Changretta won't be it. There will be a downfall in this family, more people will die. But at what cost". Ada muttered.

Florence looked out the window, a small frown on her face as she thought about Ada's words.

"Were here". Her soft voice spoke, causing Florence to look at Ada. She turned to the younger girl, a small smile on her face. "Thank you for coming with me Florence".

They both stepped out of the car, the bitter sting of the cold air hit Florence immediatley. She wrapped her arms around her body as she followed Ada.

They entered the building and Flo scrunched up her face with the smell that hit her. It wasn't a very pleasant smell.