(72)

Florence pulled her coat closer to her body as she followed the Shelby man. As they passed, people moved quickly out of the men's way. They where used to the Shelby men, they always had been. But since they all returned to Small Heath, people still feared them. The men did own them, and there town.

People would frown as Florence walked with them, and she could see some people whispering. Everyone knew something was going on between Florence and Finn, they all saw it. But when the girl with the bold auburn hair walked with the Shelby men, questions arose.

They made there way to Charlie's yard. The morning was cold, and the fog loomed it's way across the streets. Charlie had a small fire on, his head nodding at them all as they made there way towards him.

"Good morning". He muttered. His eyes found Florence's, a small smile spreading across his face. "Goodmorning love". He muttered as he patted her back gently.

Florence smiled up at him, her arms crossed as she watched Tommy carefully. Her head turned as she felt eyes on her. Finn stood close, his eyes never leaving her face. He looked down, his jaw twitching slightly.

Tommy pulled out a map, laying it down on the small table. "All right, at midday today, Arthur will be here. 47 Artillery Square. Like a goat tied up for the fucking tiger eh Arthur?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah right". Arthur muttered.

Florence looked down at the map where Tommy was pointing, the house where Arthur was going to be. Where they had no idea if he was going to surive this.

"Charlie, get that box open will you?" Tommy asked.

Florence turned her head, a small smile on her face. "Hi Curly". She said softly. Curly turned to look at her, a wide smile on his face. "Hi Florence". He whispered. Charlie pulled the box open, and handed out two large guns to Isiah.

"Right, there are two way into Artillery square. One here, the towpath, and here, Navigation Street. Finn, take a rifle". Tommy muttered.

Florence turned her head to look at Finn as he grabbed the rifle from Charlie. He looked at Florence for a moment, before looking back at Tommy.

"You'll be here, Finn, covering the towpath. Most likely, they'll come down Navigation Street. Johnny and Isiah will set up here as hawkers, selling stolen pork. When you get the signal from me, you can open fire". Tommy explained.

"From you eh?" Arthur asked as he looked up at Tommy.

"Yep, I'll be here in a window, overlooking". Tommy answered.

"You still know what end the bullets come out of, Tom?" Johnny asked, which made all the men laugh.

"He knows". Arthur muttered, a smile on his face.

"But these men are coming for my brother, believing him to be unarmed and unprotected. So, this is my fucking buisness". Tommy said, his eyes on everyone.

"Johnny..how was her shooting yesterday?" Tommy asked, as he pointed at Florence.

Flo frowned as all the men turned to look at her. Her eyes landed on Johnny as he had a wild smile on his face.

"The girl is a natural Tom". He answered.

Tommy nodded his head, his eyes on all the men for a moment. "Charlie...you free today?" Tommy asked.

Charlie nodded his head, his cigarette in his mouth. "Teach Florence how to shoot a little bit more, teach her up a bit. It may come in handy". He muttered.

Tommy walked over to Florence. "You still have the gun I gave you?" He asked. Florence nodded her head, her hand reaching into her pocket. "Yes...Johnny gave me some more bullets". She answered.

Tommy nodded and pulled out one of the rifles, his eyes on it for a moment. "Learn on the gun I gave you, and when Charlie thinks you're more confident enought try on this". He said, handing her over the gun. Florence grabbed it with two hands, her head nodding.

"Right Arthur, let's go". Tommy muttered.

"Good luck". Florence said softly. Arthur gave her a small smile, his head nodding as he walked away.

Isiah stood infront of Florence, a smile on his face. "When you get trained up, let's have a match. See how's got the better shot eh?" He asked, his hand out waiting for her to shake. Florence looked up at Isiah, a small smile on her face. "Prepare to lose preacher boy". She answered. Isiah raised a eyebrow as he let out a laugh. "Oh I see how it is carrot top". He muttered. He ruffled her hair, before following Johnny.

"Good luck". Florence said softly to Finn as he walked past. He turned his head to look at her, his head nodding. "Thanks". He muttered, before walking off.

Charlie let out a loud sigh behind Florence, his hands grabbing the large gun from her. "Come on then love, let's see what you've got". He said.

For about four hours they trained. Charlie was a much better teacher then Johnny, who lost his temper alot the day before.

"I'm only saying this because your a nice girl Florence, but never go out there shooting for the family. You don't want to get hurt, there are a lot of bad people out there". Charlie muttered.

Florence looked up at him, her head nodding as she handed back the rifle. It was getting dark, so they decided to pack it up. "How do you think they got on?" Florence asked as they walked down the hill.

"Knowing them boys....they got on fine". He answered.

Florence frowned when she saw Tommy storming there way, his hand grabbing Flo's arm. "I've got a job for you". He said.

"How did it go then Tom?" Charlie asked as he packed the rifle away.

"It was a fucking set up Charlie, they didn't want Arthur...they went to Michael instead". He answered. Florence frowned as she looked up at him. "Is he okay?" She asked. Tommy looked down at her, his eyes harsh as he nodded his head. "Oh..he's perfect". He muttered.

Florence turned her head and gave Charlie and Curly a small wave goodbye.

"Where are we going?" Florence asked.

"To see the Golds". Tommy answered.

Tommy and Florence walked into the dimly lit barn. The way there Tommy didn't say much, apart from he wanted her to find out why they didn't do as he asked.

Florence looked to a small table, her eyes setting on Aberama and Bonnie. There faces lit up by the candle burning on the table. They both turned there heads at the door shutting. Aberama looked at Tommy, a small smile on his face. Bonnie was looking at Florence, a bigger smile on his own.

Florence watched as Tommy pulled out money, placing it down on the table. "Nah, two". Aberama muttered. "We killed two". He said.

"You also shot a copper". Tommy muttered, his eyes on the two men.

"Shot in the arm. With purpose. There's a copper on the floor, the Stratford Constabulary will swarm all over it. The copper's alive...got a description of the Italians. The Italians will be forced underground. We're gypsies. We're already underground". Aberama explained.

Tommy took a deep breath, before placing his cigarette back into his mouth. He pulled out the money again, counting it.

"You, yourself, inflicted no casualties this end, so...". Aberama stopped talking as Tommy threw the money on the table. He grabbed it and looked back up. "You know, Mr Shelby....maybe you've been pushing pieces of paper around for too long". He said.

"Luca Changretta got away. You let him get away. When our paths cross, I won't be so careless". Tommy muttered.

"And when will your paths cross?" Aberama asked, a small smile on his face.

"Soon". Tommy muttered. He grabbed the lantern, walking out. Florence looked at Aberam and Bonnie, a small sigh escaping her lips as she sat down. "Hi". She muttered as she grabbed a beer.

As the two men filled her in on what happened, she looked at the small fire burning.